Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highest quality and relevance to make a long-term difference in society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has over 54,000 students, more than 7,500 employees and a turnover of around SEK 8 billion.
In recent years the application of digital tools and methods thought through critical humanities and societal perspectives comprises what is collectively referred to as Digital Humanities (DH). Digital Humanities is an area of scholarly activity at the intersection of computing or digital technologies and disciplines of the arts, humanities and social sciences. It includes the systematic use of digital resources in the humanities, as well as the analysis of their application. DH is based on interdisciplinary collaboration and a willingness to work across disciplinary, institutional as well as national boundaries.
The Center for Digital Humanities and Social Sciences at Uppsala University (CDHU) leads and curates the digital transformation of the humanities and social sciences at the university.
CDHU's assignments are threefold:
1) research-initiating activities (seminars, workshops and major events) as well as support for individual projects and applications
2) pedagogy and knowledge exchange, including initiating, developing and supporting education in Digital Humanities and Social Sciences from master's level to doctoral researchers; and
3) the development of a technical infrastructure to support research in the field of Digital Humanities. CDHU is currently governed by a director and supported by a deputy director and a research coordinator. The operation is supported by a steering board that spans distinguished professors across the disciplinary domains of Humanities and Social Sciences.
For more information about CDHU.
Read more about our benefits and what it is like to work at Uppsala University
The main responsibility of the research coordinator is to coordinate research, outreach and teaching activities at CDHU, and to support the Director and Deputy Director administratively in leading the Centre’s internal work. This includes:
- Assisting the Director and Deputy Director with the administration, planning and coordination of CDHU internally.
- Assisting the Director and Deputy Director with administrative duties related to National Infrastructures and research schools that CDHU take part in (HumInfra, InfraVis, WASP-ED and DASH).
- Leading and planning communication and outreach concerning CDHU and its activities.
- Planning and conducting workshops, seminars and similar activities, including teaching and leading such events.
- Updating information on the Web.
- Providing individual advice to Uppsala researchers concerning their projects, project ideas and how to engage with CDHU.
A portion of the coordinators time will be dedicated to individual orientation in the latest research trends within DH and related fields.
- Good prior knowledge and overview of the research area of digital humanities.
- Knowledge and experience in working with digital methods and tools.
- Ability to read and speak Swedish and English.
- A doctoral degree.
- Previous experience with communication in a university research context.
- Previous experience of working within interdisciplinary university centres, digital humanities research networks and/or milieus similar to CDHU is particularly meritorious.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal qualities such as initiative, problem-solving ability and ability to collaborate. We are looking for an organized and driven person who is curious and sensitive to the needs and benefits of digital humanities and social sciences in various research fields.
About the employment
The employment is a permanent position, 6 months probationary period may be applied. Scope of employment 50-100 %. Starting date June 15th 2023 or as agreed. The employment is linked to CDHU, with a formal placement at the Department of ALM (Archival Studies, Information Studies, Museum and Cultural Heritage Studies). Placement: Uppsala.
For further information about the position, please contact: Deputy Director of CDHU, Matts Lindström, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of CDHU, Anna Foka, email@example.com or head of department Åse Hedemark, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application by 25th of May 2023, UFV-PA 2023/1598.
Are you considering moving to Sweden to work at Uppsala University? Find out more about what it´s like to work and live in Sweden.
Please do not send offers of recruitment or advertising services.
Submit your application through Uppsala University's recruitment system.
Placement: Department of ALM
Type of employment: Full time , Permanent position
Pay: Individual salary
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 100%
County: Uppsala län
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2023/1598
Last application date: 2023-05-25
Apply for position
Assistant Professor In Chemistry With Specialization In Macromolecular Chemistry, Uppsala universitet, Sweden, about 23 hours ago
1 Oct 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Uppsala universitet Department Uppsala University, Department of Chemistry - Ångström Laboratory Research Field Chemistry Researcher Profile Establi...
Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) In Mycology, Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet, Sweden, 28 days ago
5 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet Research Field Environmental science » Ecology Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Sweden Applicati...
Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) In Mycology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
An appointment as Senior Lecturer in mycology with focus on the biodiversity and ecological roles of fungi is vacant at the Department of Forest Mycology & Plant pathology at SLU, Uppsala. The dep...
Laboratory Technician, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 16 days ago
The position is placed at the Department of Wildlife, Fish, and Environmental Studies at The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Umeå, Sweden. The department offers a creative and stimu...
Doctoral Position In Structural Mass Spectrometry, Mikrobiologický ústav AV ČR, v.v.i., Czech, about 8 hours ago
3 Oct 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Mikrobiologický ústav AV ČR, v.v.i. Department Laboratory of Structural Biology and Cell Signalling Research Field Chemistry » Biochemistry Chemistr...
Manager For Sites Röbäcksdalen, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) is looking for a manager for the SITES Röbäcksdalen research station in Umeå. The position is in the form of a 50% assignment. Röbäcksdalen is...