Ming Wai Lau Centre for Reparative Medicine (MWLC) is established to further accelerate research in stem cell biology, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, and regenerative medicine. MWLC operates two nodes, one based at KI in Stockholm, Sweden and the other in Hong Kong, located in Science Park, Shatin. The Hong Kong node will include four research groups, initially consisting of a total of 20-30 scientists.
Description of research group and project
Dr. Linxian Li’s Laboratory has long interests in developing novel functional surfaces and biomaterials for clinical applications. Committed to translating new materials for medical use, the Li group focuses on engineering functional surfaces for medical implants and developing biomolecules as therapeutics. We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher for research initiatives in controlled surface functionalization and biomolecular engineering for a wide-array of studies in medicine.
One postdoc position in Biomaterials
We are searching for a biomaterials scientist with the following qualifications and experience:
- Applicants must hold a PhD with strong background in biomaterials science, bioengineering, mammalian protein production, cellular and molecular biology, or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience using biology tools and assays such as Western blots, PCR, ELISA, FACS and confocal microscopy.
- Experience in cell culture and mouse models will be considered an asset.
- The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required.
This is a two-year fixed-term position, with the possibility of renewal.
The assignment is located at MWLC, Hong Kong, and the employment will follow local labour laws in Hong Kong.
A competitive remuneration package with MPF and pension contributing up to a total of 10% over basic salary and medical benefits will be offered.
A person is eligible for a position as Postdoctoral Researcher if he or she has obtained a PhD no more than seven years before the last date of employment as postdoc. The term can be extended under special circumstances.
An employment application must contain the following documents in English:
1. A complete curriculum vitae, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
2. A complete list of publications
3. A summary of current work (no more than one page)
4. Verifications for crediting of illness, military service, work for labour unions or student organisations, parental leave or similar circumstances
5. Applicants should arrange to have at least two letters of reference
The application is to be submitted through the MyNetwork recruitment system.
Postdoctoral Scholar, The University of Iowa, United States, 9 days ago
POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR Requisition # 2872 Position Basics Advertising Ends on:Extended Until Position is Filled Advertising Started on:Monday, October 2nd, 2017 College:Carver College of Medicine De...
Postdoc In Epitope Immunogenicity In Cancer Models, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 18 days ago
Apply no later than 3 October 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Vet by completing the following form. Apply online A postdoctoral position is available in the ‘T cell recognition and Cancer’ group hea...
Post Doctoral Position On “Lysogenic Conversion In Marine Vibrio Bacteria”, Department Of Biology, University Of Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 1 day ago
A 2-year Post-doctoral position on bacteriophage-host interactions is offered at the Marine Biological Section, Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. The position starts 1. Jan...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position In Hydrogel Development For Osteochondral Implants, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
The Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) has the following vacancy: postdoctoral Fellow position in Hydrogel Development for Osteochondral Implants. Position (Post-doctoral) Researcher Depart...
Postdoc In Data Driven Design Of Cell Factories And Communities, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
Apply no later than 23 October 2017 Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form. Apply online The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU ...
Postdoc Position In Quantitative Proteomics, Phosphoproteomics And Immune Cell Signalling, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 24 hours ago
The Research Group of Professor Martin R. Larsen at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), is looking for a highly talented, creative and motiv...