Electrification and digitalisation are among the largest areas for the future in the conversion to sustainable societies. The Department of Electrical Engineering conducts successful research and education in the areas - renewable energy sources, electric vehicles, industrial IoT, 6G communication and wireless sensor networks as well as research and education within Life Science, smart electronic sensors and medical systems. The Department of Electrical Engineering is an international workplace with around 150 employees that all contribute to important technical energy and health challenges at the Ångström Laboratory.
The position will be at the division Science of Electricity, at the Department of Electrical Engineering.
This project will focus on grid integration aspects and energy management of multi-source parks: different combinations of wind, wave, and solar power parks. Various electrical layouts will be proposed and analyzed with the aim of providing high-quality power by smoothing active power variations, as well as the necessary ancillary services to support the mainland grid operation. Within the project, a set of control tools should be developed to enable the increased performance of mixed operation of a varied set of offshore generation technologies. Using hardware- and software-in-the-loop simulations, the impact of the control tools shall be analyzed, and necessary mitigation measures evaluated. The goal of the project is to provide an enhanced contribution to mainland power systems operation and seamless integration of offshore variable resources.
- The research work includes software and power-hardware-in-the-loop modeling and simulations within the project.
- Writing reports within the project.
- Writing and submitting scientific articles within the project.
- The work duties can also include teaching. No more than 20%.
- PhD degree inelectrical engineering. or a foreign degree equivalent to a PhD degree in electrical engineering. The degree needs to be obtained by the time of the decision of employment. Those who have obtained a PhD degree three years prior to the application deadline are primarily considered for the employment. The starting point of the three-year frame period is the application deadline. Due to special circumstances, the degree may have been obtained earlier. The three-year period can be extended due to circumstances such as sick leave, parental leave, duties in labour unions, etc.
- Very good skills in writing scientific publications.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English. And good proficiency in Swedish.
- We will put emphasise in your personal qualities [LE1] such as good collaboration and communication skills with other researchers. You should be purposeful, independent, structured and be able to work effectively both individually and in groups.
Previous experience with offshore energy systems is a merit. Previous experience of power system simulations using special software and hardware is a merit.
About the employment
The employment is a temporary position of 2 years according to central collective agreement. Full time position. Starting date as agreed. Placement: Uppsala
For further information about the position, please contact: Irina Temiz, mail: email@example.com
Please submit your application by 29 of September, 2023, UFV-PA 2023/3418.
Are you considering moving to Sweden to work at Uppsala University? Find out more about what it´s like to work and live in Sweden.
Uppsala University is a broad research university with a strong international position. The ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highest quality and relevance to make a difference in society. Our most important asset is all of our 7,500 employees and 54,000 students who, with curiosity and commitment, make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces.
Read more about our benefits and what it is like to work at Uppsala University
Please do not send offers of recruitment or advertising services.
Submit your application through Uppsala University's recruitment system.
Placement: Department of Electrical Engineering
Type of employment: Full time , Temporary position
Pay: Individual salary
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 100%
County: Uppsala län
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2023/3418
Last application date: 2023-09-29
Apply for position
Postdoctoral Position In Machine Learning Focusing On Secure Federated Learning, Uppsala universitet, Sweden, 3 days ago
3 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Uppsala universitet Department Uppsala University, Department of Information Technology Research Field Computer science Engineering Mathematics Tech...
Researcher, SciLifeLab, Sweden, 10 days ago
Uppsala University, Department of Medicinal Chemistry The Department of Medicinal Chemistry at Uppsala University is a strong and international research environment. The department has about 85 em...
Researcher Position In Physical Chemistry With Focus On Development Of Triplet State Photosensitizers, Uppsala universitet, Sweden, 13 days ago
24 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Uppsala universitet Department Uppsala University, Department of Chemistry - Ångström Laboratory Research Field Chemistry Researcher Profile First ...
Postdoctoral Position In Physics Education Research (Per), Uppsala universitet, Sweden, 17 days ago
19 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Uppsala universitet Department Uppsala University, Department of Physics and Astronomy Research Field Educational sciences Physics Researcher Profi...
Researcher In Analytical Chemistry, Uppsala universitet, Sweden, 13 days ago
24 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Uppsala universitet Department Uppsala University, Department of Chemistry - BMC Research Field Chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher ...
Researcher, Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet, Sweden, 13 days ago
24 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet Research Field Chemistry » Analytical chemistry Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Sweden Applica...