Description of the workplace
Environmental and Energy System Studies is an interdisciplinary division at the Department of Technology and Society. We have around 30 employees and are located in newly refurbished premises on LTH campus. Our subjects include studying and highlighting energy and environmental issues in a regional, national and global long-term perspective. We are now hiring a post-doc within the field of bioenergy.
Lund University is a public authority which means that employees get particular benefits, generous annual leave and an advantageous occupational pension scheme.
Read more on the University website about being a Lund University employee Work at Lund University
The position is within a research project financed by the Swedish Energy Agency within the programme Bio+. The main objective is broad systems studies of the interplay between biobased solutions and other social sectors in a sustainable and biobased society to fulfil the Swedish energy and climate goals by 2050.
The overall goal with the project is by an integrated work procedure develop new interdisciplinary and systems-based methodologies where techno-economic, ecological/climate and societal critical factors are integrated and weighted together.
You will analyse policies and political incentives and other governing systems, Swedish and within EU, changes in behaviours and consumption patterns, which directly or indirectly affects the supply and demand of biobased energy and products in a dynamic time perspective to the year 2050. Potential methods that can be utilised are policy, discourse and scenario analyses through advanced literature reviews and interviews. Both quantitative and qualitative methods may be utilised.
The main duties involved in a post-doctoral position is to conduct research. Teaching may also be included, but up to no more than 20% of working hours. The position includes the opportunity for three weeks of training in higher education teaching and learning. The purpose of the position is to develop the independence as a researcher and to create the opportunity of further development.
Detailed description of the work duties, such as:
- Research within the subject area and project plan
- Practical project management
- Teaching in the first, second and third cycles of studies
- Supervision of degree projects and doctoral students
- Actively seeking external research funding
- Collaboration with industry and wider society
- Administration related to the work duties listed above
Appointment to a post-doctoral position requires that the applicant has a PhD, or an international degree deemed equivalent to a PhD, within the subject of the position. The certificate proving the qualification requirement is met, must be received before the employment decision is made. Priority will be given to candidates who have graduated no more than three years ago before the last day for application. Under special circumstances, the doctoral degree can have been completed earlier.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in Swedish, since the project focus on the Swedish energy system and include contacts, interviews and collaborations with national actors within various relevant areas and on different levels which require Swedish as project language.
- Experiences and knowledge regarding social science-based research methods within environmental, energy and climate research preferably related to the bioenergy field.
This is a career development position primarily focused on research. The position is intended as an initial step in a career, and the assessment of the applicants will primarily be based on their research qualifications and potential as researchers. Particular emphasis will be placed on research skills within the subject.
For appointments to a post-doctoral position, the following shall form the assessment criteria:
- A good ability to develop and conduct high quality research.
- Teaching skills and pedagogical capability.
- It is considered an additional qualification if you have documented experience of advanced research within the bioenergy field.
- It is considered an additional qualification if you have documented experience of interdisciplinary and systems oriented collaborations and capability of learning new research tools when needed.
- It is considered an additional qualification if you have documented experience of working with qualitative research methods.
- It is considered an additional qualification if you have documented experience of working with quantitative research methods.
Consideration will also be given to how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen ongoing research within the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
This is a full-time, fixed-term employment of 2years. The period of employment is determined in accordance with the agreement “Avtal om tidsbegränsad anställning som postdoktor” (“Agreement on fixed-term employment as a post-doctoral fellow”).
How to apply
Applications shall be written in English. Please draw up the application in accordance with LTH’s Academic qualifications portfolio – see link below. Upload the application as PDF-files in the recruitment system. Read more: http://www.lth.se/english/working-at-lth/to-apply-for-academic-positions-at-lth/
Welcome with your application!
Doctoral Student In Nuclear Power Safety, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Project description Third-cycle subject: Physics, specialization Nuclear Engineering The Division of Nuclear Power Safety conducts research on reactor accident phenomena of risk importance, and pe...
Doctoral Student In Energy Management & Hybrid Energy Storage In Buildings, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 6 days ago
Project description Third-cycle subject: Energy and Environmental Systems The PhD candidate will join Department of Energy Technology at KTH. The research group within the department has the main...
Doctoral Student In Technologies For Industrial Heat Decarbonization, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Project description Third-cycle subject: Energy and Environmental Systems, Energy Technology To achieve rapid decarbonization of the industrial sector, technically efficient and cost-effective sol...
Doctoral Student In Reactor Chemistry For Water Cooled Sm Rs, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Project description Third-cycle subject: Chemistry The purpose of the project is to experimentally study water chemistry of different types of water-cooled small modular nuclear reactors (SMR) and...
Doctoral Student In Fuel Cells, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Project description Third-cycle subject: Chemical engineering The project will contribute to new and more efficient fuel cells and fuel cell systems for the transport sector. Vehicles powered by f...
Senior Research Engineer In Political Science, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, 8 days ago
Luleå University of Technology experiences rapid growth with world-leading expertise within several research domains. We shape the future through innovative education and groundbreaking research r...