We are working to create cluster states in the microwave frequency band (4-8 GHz) by synchronous pumping of a nonlinear superconducting circuit at multiple frequencies. In theory, cluster states can be used for quantum information processing in a one-way quantum computer. Our goal is to demonstrate this in an experiment. Your work will primarily be at KTH in group of Prof. David Haviland, but the research project is a collaboration with Aalto University in Helsinki Finland, and part of you time will be spent in the group of Prof. Pertti Hakonen.
What we offer
- World leading digital microwave measurement technology that we develop locally.
- Flexible well equipped laboratory for nanofabrication .
- The possibility to travel and create an international network of researches in the field
- Life in Stockholm with exciting culture and close proximity to beautiful natural areas.
- Work at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Help in finding an apartment: relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree in physics or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Experience with experimental physics and a desire to learn new techniques.
- Research expertise
- Collaborative abilities
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Previous experience with microwave technology and low-temperature measurement.
- Pedagogical ability
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
- A CV including your relevant training, career background and accomplishments.
- A short text (maximum 2 pages) explaining your interest in pursuing post-doctoral studies and your previous experience in related areas of research.
- The name and e-mail address of two people who can provide a letter of recommendation upon request. They should have experience of your capabilities as a researcher and collaborator.
- A link or PDF attachment with your PhD thesis.
- Copy of PhD diploma and transcript of grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Postdoctoral Fellow In Theoretical Physics (2), Stockholm University, Sweden, 14 days ago
Ref. No. SU FV-0429-23 at Nordita, the Nordic Institute for Theoretical Physics . Closing date: 08 March 2023. Nordita, the Nordic Institute for Theoretical Physics, was founded in Copenhagen, Den...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Scientific Computing With Focus On Modeling Of Ice Sheets In Contact With The Ocean, Stockholm University, Sweden, 7 days ago
Ref. No. SU FV-0783-22 at the Department of Mathematics . Closing date: 31 March 2023. The Department of Mathematics at Stockholm University has 39 faculty staff members and is divided into three ...
Researcher In Ultrafast Dynamics In Quantum Materials, Stockholm University, Sweden, 1 day ago
Ref. No. SU FV-0915-23 at Department of Physics . Closing date: 29 March 2023. The Department of Physics is one of the biggest departments within the Faculty of Science and supports a broad range ...
Postdoc In Experimental Superconducting Quantum Computing, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Ref 2023-0159 Project description We invite applications for several postdoctoral positions in experimental quantum computing with superconducting circuits. You will work in the stimulating resear...
Up To Two Positions As Postdoctoral Researcher In Computational Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 17 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? These positions offers a unique opportunity to leverage the synergy between experimental and computational approaches to fundamental ques...
Postdoc In Bioinformatics At Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 19 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The research group of Professor Johan Hartman at the Oncology-Pathology department performs clinical and translational studies for breas...