The successful candidate will join the research group of Prof. Jens H Bardarson and is expected to conduct research on topics relevant to the group’s research interests, with focus on either many-body quantum dynamics, localization and thermalization, or topological quantum matter. There will be a possibility to gain supervision experience by taking part in supervising master thesis projects, but this is not mandatory. The relevant projects are likely to includes numerical simulations and development of algorithms, but with a focus in understanding the underlying physics.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- An active collaborative environment around the Albanova university center that includes condensed matter physics at Stockholm University and Nordita.
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Ability to both collaborate in small teams and conduct independent research.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Experience with numerical techniques is advantageous.
- Research experience in quantum condensed matter.
- Pedagogical ability
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max three pages long.
- A list of contact information for at least two references.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Postdoc In Machine Learning For Biomedical Image Analysis, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 5 days ago
28 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KTH Royal Institute of Technology Research Field Computer science » Other Medical sciences » Other Computer science » Programming Researcher Profil...
Postdoc In Smart Super Resolution Nanoscopy, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 27 days ago
7 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KTH Royal Institute of Technology Research Field Technology » Nanotechnology Chemistry » Other Engineering » Other Researcher Profile Recognised Res...
Postdoc In Genome Regulation, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 5 days ago
28 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KTH Royal Institute of Technology Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Computer science » Database management Biological sciences » Other C...
Postdoc In Microfluidics For Drug Screening In 3 D Cell Models, SciLifeLab, Sweden, about 13 hours ago
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH Job description We now offer a Postdoctoral position in Microfluidics for drug screening centered on the development dr...
Postdoc In Microfluidics For Drug Screening In 3 D Cell Models, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 3 days ago
30 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KTH Royal Institute of Technology Research Field Technology » Biotechnology Engineering » Electrical engineering Engineering » Mechanical engineeri...
Postdoc In Machine Learning For Biomedical Image Analysis, SciLifeLab, Sweden, about 13 hours ago
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at KTH Job description We are currently looking for one Postdoc in machine learning for biomedical image analysis for a joint project between ...