KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
You will conduct research within the WASP NEST project entitled “Learning in networks: structure, dynamics and control”. The project aims to develop novel mathematical and computational tools for the de sign of algorithms learning the structure, the dynamics, and the control of largescale networks. The objectives are twofold: (i) to develop a comprehensive theory of learning in networks, and (ii) to apply our results to two application domains, namely decentralized and automated network management of future radio communication networks, and online intermediation platforms.
The position and employment will be at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), located in Stockholm, Sweden. The research will be supervised mainly by Prof. Alexandre Proutiere (KTH) and Asst. Prof. Fiona Skerman (Uppsala University), but with opportunities to work with the other co-PIs of the project who are Prof. Anders Rantzer (Lund University) and Assoc. Prof. Emma Tegling (Lund University).
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in mathematics, computer science, or electrical engineering. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- We are looking for candidates with a strong mathematical background in at least one of the following fields: probability theory and random graphs, statistics, machine learning, control theory, or theoretical computer science.
- Applicants need to have research expertise.
- To be successful in this role, you need to be able to work well independently, as well as collaboratively.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- it is commendable if you have Teaching abilities.
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with a specific focus on gender equality, is meritorious.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- Recommendation letters, e.g., from your PhD supervisor, are greatly appreciated.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type: Full time
First day of employment: According to agreement
Salary: Monthly salary
Number of positions: 1
Full-time equivalent: 100%
County: Stockholms län
Reference number: J-2022-2771
Last application date: 2023-01-02
Postdoc In Analytic Number Theory, KTH, Sweden, 22 days ago
Postdoc in Analytic Number Theory KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Engineering Sciences KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading techn...
Postdoc In Quantum Technology To Study Entanglement In Quantum Circuits, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Job description We are working to create cluster states in the microwave frequency band (4-8 GHz) by synchronous pumping of a nonlinear superconducting circuit at multiple frequencies. In theory,...
Postdoc In Digital Twin For Human Robot Collaboration, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Job description Department of Production Engineering is looking for one Postdoctoral Fellow in the field of digital twin for human-robot collaboration in smart manufacturing. This position will be...
Postdoc In Wise: Self Organized Liquid Infused Materials For Co2 Capture , KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Job description This Post-Doctoral position is within the Wallenberg Initiative Materials Science for Sustainability (WISE, wise-materials.org ). WISE, funded by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foun...
Postdoc In Advanced Control Of Unstable Hydrofoil Boats, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Job description In this postdoctoral position, you will conduct research in the development of new methods for balancing unstable hydrofoil boats based on a new monofoil concept for hydrofoils dev...
Postdoc In (Socio)Legal Studies Of Technology/ Human Computer Interaction, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Job description The aim of our project is to identify conflicts between specific parts of newly proposed EU legislation (Data Act) and data-driven practices in the creative industry in Sweden. You...