Professor Tuuli Lappalainen's research group is looking for a postdoctoral researcher for an ERC-funded research project that links variation in gene dosage to cellular traits using a systems genetics approach. The research group works at the international forefront of human functional genomics, aiming to understand how genomic variation contributes to diversity of human traits and diseases.
The project combines experimental work using CRISPR technology and single cell sequencing approaches with computational analysis. The specific project will be tailored according to the interests and expertise of the postdoc, and potential approaches can include angles from human genetics, gene regulation, cell biology and computational systems biology. Additional projects and collaborations can build on other research projects and data genererated in the lab, ongoing collaborative efforts, as well as the postdoc’s own ideas.
We use both computational and experimental approaches across the disciplines of human genetics, functional genomics, and molecular biology. In addition to the team at KTH, located at the SciLifeLab campus, Dr. Lappalainen also has an active research lab at the New York Genome Center, with close interactions between the teams.
What we offer
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international, and dynamic working environment.
- An opportunity to carry out research at the forefront of human genomics, with cutting-edge methods and large data sets.
- A creative role combining a high degree of autonomy with mentorship from Dr. Lappalainen and interactions with colleagues in the lab.
- Close collaborations with the New York Genome Center and with the infrastructure platforms at SciLifeLab.
- An opportunity to develop an internationally competitive research profile and networks as well as guidance for future career development.
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Research expertise in functional genomics, molecular or cell biology, human genetics or an equivalent field
- Prior expertise in large-scale genomics or molecular cell biology experimental techniques
- Ability to analyze large-scale data
- Collaborative abilities
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Prior expertise in tissue culture, CRISPR experiments, or single-cell genomics
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
To apply for the position
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The ad should include_
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Post Doctoral Position In Membrane Based Nano Mechanobiology, Institute of Photonic Sciences, Luxembourg, 1 day ago
ICFO is offering a postdoctoral position to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (M/F/D) | Cell Growth Control In Health And Age Related Disease, Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, Cologne, Germany, 21 days ago
Job Code: 23-2023 Job Offer from November 07, 2023 The Max Planck Research Group “Cell Growth Control in Health and Age-related Disease” headed by Dr. Constantinos Demetriades is looking for a ful...
Postdoc Fellowship In Population/Conservation Genomics , University of Basel, Switzerland, 26 days ago
We offer you The initial appointment is for one year; based on performance, the fellowship is renewable for up to four years. The University of Basel has generous resources for genomic analysis (s...
Research Fellow (Department Of Otolaryngology), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Job Description The Department of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, National University of Singapore (PI: A/Prof Raymond Tsang), is inviting applications for a postdoctoral research fellow. Th...
Research Fellow (Biological Sciences), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 2 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Singapore Application De...
Postdoctoral Position To Characterize How Fibroblasts Interact With Complex Extracellular Matrices , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 17 hours ago
100%, Basel, fixed-term The Biophysics Group of Prof. Daniel Müller is part of the strongly interdisciplinary Department Biosystems Science and Engineering. The aim of the department is to explore...