The particle physics group at KTH is involved in the ATLAS experiment at CERN. The main research interests are on measurements of the Higgs boson and in searches for new long-lived particles. We have made significant contributions to the design, construction and commissioning of the Liquid Argon calorimeter pre-sampler and are currently involved in the design of a new detector called the High Granularity Timing Detector (HGTD) to be constructed the upcoming years and installed in ATLAS in 2027.
The research activity for the postdoc will mainly be data analysis and physics interpretation of results from the ATLAS-experiment, and to participate in the development of HGTD. Furthermore, the postdoc will contribute to the work needed to operate the ATLAS experiment. Part of the research time can be spent at CERN.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- The group, which has its premises at the AlbaNova buildings in the Stockholm Campus area, has extensive collaboration with other groups. In the same building there are collaborations with the particle physics group at Stockholm University and with the Oskar Klein Centre for Cosmoparticle Physics, okc.albanova.se, which results in a stimulating research environment.
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Experience of programming in c++ and Python.
- Research expertise, with documented contribution to analysis in high-energy physics.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Membership of the ATLAS collaboration. If not already a qualified member of the ATLAS collaboration, the candidate must have experience of work in another high-energy physics experiment.
- Teaching abilities
- Collaborative abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- Two letters of recommendation. Please arrange to have these sent directly to Jonas Strandberg (email@example.com), with the title “Recommendation letter for [Name of candidate]”.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Researcher In Ultrafast Dynamics In Quantum Materials, Stockholm University, Sweden, about 8 hours ago
Ref. No. SU FV-0915-23 at Department of Physics . Closing date: 29 March 2023. The Department of Physics is one of the biggest departments within the Faculty of Science and supports a broad range ...
Postdoctoral Fellowships In Experimental Astroparticle Physics (Ice Cube And P One) , University of Alberta, Canada, 10 days ago
The experimental astroparticle physics group at the University of Alberta (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) is looking for up to two excellent postdoctoral fellows to join our exciting research program ...
Postdoc In Bioinformatics At Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The research group of Professor Johan Hartman at the Oncology-Pathology department performs clinical and translational studies for breas...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Toxicology – Focus On Particles And Microplastics, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to better health for all? We are looking for a motivated postdoc to be part of our collaborative research group with a focus on particle toxicology at the Unit of Biochem...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Yeast Evolution And Genomics Of Temperature Adaptation, Stockholm University, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Ref. No. SU FV-1220-23 at the Department of Zoology . Closing date: 30 April 2023. The Department of Zoology at Stockholm University consists of five divisions: Ecology, Ethology, Functional Zoomo...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Demography, Stockholm University, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
Ref. No. SU FV-0930-23 at the Department of Sociology . Closing date: 31 March 2023. The Department of Sociology at Stockholm University is a top ranked department offering a collaborative and int...