KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The Department of Industrial Biotechnology at KTH provides societally relevant biotechnological solutions for sustainable production of pharmaceuticals, chemicals, materials and fuels, as well as contributing to clean water and environment. Biocatalysis has a long history at the department and the activities comprise enzymological studies for the utilization of enzymes in the synthesis of fine chemicals and tailoring enzymes for production of various chemical products.
The overall aim of this project is to develop sustainable and efficient solvents for carbon dioxide capture, with enzyme catalysis and aminated colloids as priority areas. The project is funded by the Swedish Energy Agency and is carried out in close collaboration with researcher at KTH, SU and company partners.
The postdoctoral fellow in biocatalysis will focus on the development of stable and efficient catalysts of carbonic anhydrase in collaboration with company partner EnginZyme AB. The project involves:
- Production, engineering and characterization of thermostable carbonic anhydrases.
- Development of thermostable and efficient immobilized carbonic anhydrases and characterization of these.
- Conduct enzymological studies and analyse data.
The postdoc will communicate scientific progress within the Biocatalysis group at the Department of Industrial Biotechnology and with our collaborators, as well as disseminate the project results through oral presentations, scientific publications and through information for a general audience. In addition to the research, the postdoc will contribute to supervision of MSc students and PhD students and do some teaching and supervision at laboratory courses in biochemistry and enzymology.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Demonstrated research expertise in molecular biology and protein production.
- Experience in molecular modeling and enzymology.
- Familiarity with research and publication ethics.
- Fluency in speaking and writing English as it is the main language at the department
- Experience in writing scientific publications as lead writing author.
- Teaching abilities to supervise BSc and MSc students.
- The candidate has personal integrity, communicates well, has high collaboration skills, focus on goals and results, is persistent and see the bigger picture.
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Experience in bioinformatics
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality.
- Awareness of sustainable development and green chemistry.
- The candidate has personal maturity, is independent, takes initiative and is energetic.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
3 Post Doctoral Positions In: Single Molecule Protein Sequencing And Enzymology, University of Groningen, Netherlands, 8 days ago
3 Post-doctoral Positions in: Single-molecule Protein Sequencing and enzymology 3 Post-doctoral Positions in: Single-molecule Protein Sequencing and enzymology Published Deadline Location yesterda...
Postdoctoral Position, VIB, Belgium, about 7 hours ago
At the VIB-VUB Center for Structural Biology (Vrije Universiteit Brussel / VIB), we are looking for a highly qualified and motivated postdoctoral researcher with a strong background in Cryo-EM and...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Medical Radiation Physics, Stockholm University, Sweden, 8 days ago
Ref. No. SU FV-2779-22 at the Department of Physics . Closing date: 12 August 2022. The Department of Physics is one of the biggest departments within the Faculty of Science and supports a broad r...
3 Post Doctoral Positions In: Single Molecule Protein Sequencing And Enzymology, University of Groningen, Netherlands, 1 day ago
3 Post-doctoral Positions in: Single-molecule Protein Sequencing and enzymology (222559-61) « Back to the overview Job description Several PhD and post-doctoral positions are available in the grou...
3 Post Doctoral Positions In: Single Molecule Protein Sequencing And Enzymology, University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Organisation Founded in 1614, the University of Groningen enjoys an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative institution of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research...
Postdoctoral Position In Catalysis Engineering , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 9 days ago
The Catalysis Engineering group focuses on developing sustainable chemical processes by combining chemical engineering, chemistry and materials science. We are looking for a highly motivated postd...