KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
This is an interdisciplinary project in the area of Plant Biomechanics. You will be part of a project, where we combine mechanical modelling, soft matter physics, synthetic biology, and modern plant biology.
The overall aim is to understand the fundamental processes and feedback mechanisms whereby a plant cell wall is assembled, acquires mechanical properties, and undergoes oriented growth. You will be assembling (bottom up) and characterizing simplified models of the plant cell wall.
The project is funded by HFSP and consists of an international team with members in UK (Prof. E. Coen, JIC), USA (Prof. D. Cosgrove, Penn Stat Univ) and France (Prof. P. Durand-Smet, Univ. Paris). The results will be published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
You have documented research expertise that include the following:
- Patterning techniques, lithography techniques and/or 3-D printing.
- Expertise in advanced fluorescence microscopy and electron microscopy and advanced sample preparation.
- Knowledge in colloidal chemistry
- Basic knowledge in plant biology.
You are highly creative, driving and motivated as a person. You are able to work independently. Your teaching abilities are good and you possess good ability to express yourself in both speech and writing. You have collaborative abilities with scientists within the own and nearby research fields. You are aware of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality. You have a professional approach.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
- A background in Synthetic Biology; Plant biology or equivalent. Previous work with cellulose nanofibers. Experience with microfluidics.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Postdoc In Analytic Number Theory, KTH, Sweden, 22 days ago
Postdoc in Analytic Number Theory KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Engineering Sciences KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading techn...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Microbiology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 12 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? AIMES – Center for the Advancement of Integrated Medical and Engineering Sciences is established interdisciplinary research center co-aff...
Fachbereich Biologie, Chemie, Pharmazie Institut Für Biologie Biochemistry Of Plant Microbe Interactions Research Group Wiermer Research Assistant (Praedoc) (M/F/D) With 50 % Part Time Job Limited To 4 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: 21233400 01 23 Bewerbungsende: 13.02.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 8 hours ago
Research efforts in the department Biochemistry of Plant-Microbe Interactions are directed towards understanding how plants defend themselves against infection by pathogenic microbes such as bacte...
Postdoctoral Studies In Rna Biology (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 2 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Are you interested in the crosstalk between chromatin organisation, RNA biology and the proteome? Would you like to contribute to the dev...
Postdoctoral Position In Plant Cell Biologi To Slu/Upsc, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 14 days ago
The Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology was founded in the late 1970s - when the College of Forestry moved to Umeå. The number of employees has since grown steadily is now around 10...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Developmental Cardiovascular Medicine And Stem Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 10 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Ken Chien group belongs to the Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, one of the wo...