We are an academic research lab in the Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) at Karolinska Institutet (KI) and SciLifeLab in Stockholm, Sweden (https://www.hausserlab.org ).
We are now looking for a Laboratory engineer.
You will analyze spatio-temporal single cell gene expression data to explore how cancer cells co-opt tissue micro-environment in order to support tumor growth.
- Masters-level education in computational biology with solid quantitative foundations (multi-variate calculus, linear algebra) and mastery of advanced quantitative concepts (classical and Bayesian hypothesis testing, techniques to explore multi-variate data, dynamical systems theory)
- Good computational skills, both conceptually (algorithms, database, ...) and practical (programming in R and Python, SQL, the linux environment)
- Biology education in cell biology and immunology, covering both the relevant concepts and practical skills in the lab
- At least 6 months of research experience with
tumor immunology in particular with marcophage biology and experience working with immune deconvolution of RNAseq gene expression profiles
- Experience with single-cell transcriptomics and corresponding R packages: tidyverse, ade4, seurat, scvelo, velocyto
- Previous international experience
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
In addition, the candidate’s personal skills will be strongly valued.
What do we offer?
- Exciting science in a lab uniquely positioned for you to apply your skills as a computer scientist to an area of direct medical relevance.
- A stimulating scientific environment and top research infrastructure. KI is among the world's foremost medical universities and The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet, appoints the laureates for the Nobel Prize in physiology and medicine. SciLifeLab is the Swedish national center for large-scale molecular bioscience, with stimulating researchers and top facilities in-house.
- High life quality. Stockholm consistently tops the rankings of cities with highest quality of life worldwide.
To apply please provide:
- A short cover letter (1 page max.)
- A concise CV
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
Ph.D In Biophysics Of Epithial To Mesenchymal Transition, CY Cergy Paris Université, Suriname, 21 days ago
Epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) reflects changes in cell behaviour essential for development, and physiopathological processes. The environment induces variability in cells shape and mo...
Expert In Cell Sorting And Flow Cytometry (100%) , University of Basel, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
The Department of Biomedicine (DBM) of the University of Basel and University Hospital Basel promotes integrated research in biomedical research within the four focal areas immunology, oncology, s...
Role Of Ion Channels In Cellular Physiopathology., Università degli Studi di Perugia, Italy, 8 days ago
The research activity will include the study of biophysical and electrophysiological properties of membrane ion channels relevant in varying physiological processes of the cell, as volume regulati...
Vib Technician In Plant Single Cell Biology, VIB, Belgium, about 17 hours ago
A lab technician position for plant single cell biology is available. Embedded within the Plant Single Cell Platform at the VIB Center for Plant Systems Biology, the successful candidate will prov...
Cellular And Molecular Morphology Applied To The Study Of Cellular Redox And Development Of..., Università degli Studi Perugia, Italy, 3 days ago
The project aims to investigate morphological and molecular aspects of the cellular response to redox stressors in pathophysiological conditions such as cancer, neurodegeneration, obesity and non-...
Research Technician Pluripotent Stem Cells / Beta Cells, Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), Netherlands, 8 days ago
The LUMC is one of the few centers in Europe that isolates insulin-producing Islets of Langerhans from donor pancreas. This is done for islet transplantation in patients with type 1 diabetes and f...