We are an academic research lab in the Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) at Karolinska Institutet (KI) and SciLifeLab in Stockholm, Sweden (https://www.hausserlab.org ).
We are now looking for a Laboratory engineer.
You will analyze spatio-temporal single cell gene expression data to explore how cancer cells co-opt tissue micro-environment in order to support tumor growth.
- Masters-level education in computational biology with solid quantitative foundations (multi-variate calculus, linear algebra) and mastery of advanced quantitative concepts (classical and Bayesian hypothesis testing, techniques to explore multi-variate data, dynamical systems theory)
- Good computational skills, both conceptually (algorithms, database, ...) and practical (programming in R and Python, SQL, the linux environment)
- Biology education in cell biology and immunology, covering both the relevant concepts and practical skills in the lab
- At least 6 months of research experience with
tumor immunology in particular with marcophage biology and experience working with immune deconvolution of RNAseq gene expression profiles
- Experience with single-cell transcriptomics and corresponding R packages: tidyverse, ade4, seurat, scvelo, velocyto
- Previous international experience
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
In addition, the candidate’s personal skills will be strongly valued.
What do we offer?
- Exciting science in a lab uniquely positioned for you to apply your skills as a computer scientist to an area of direct medical relevance.
- A stimulating scientific environment and top research infrastructure. KI is among the world's foremost medical universities and The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet, appoints the laureates for the Nobel Prize in physiology and medicine. SciLifeLab is the Swedish national center for large-scale molecular bioscience, with stimulating researchers and top facilities in-house.
- High life quality. Stockholm consistently tops the rankings of cities with highest quality of life worldwide.
To apply please provide:
- A short cover letter (1 page max.)
- A concise CV
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
Bioinformatician, ValitaCell Ltd, Ireland, 28 days ago
Why we need you We are looking for a Bioinformatician to lead data capture and integration efforts for our Cell & Gene Therapy manufacturing programme. Working with bench scientists, you will crea...
Targeting Human Serine Hydroxymethyltransferase In Lung Cancer Through Nucleic Acid Based..., Università di Roma La Sapienza, Italy, 13 days ago
Laurea or Master Degree in Biology, Biotechnology (Medical and Pharmaceutical), Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Technology (or similar) University degree with final mark and date of achievement Publi...
Bioinformatician, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
The Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI) in Amsterdam is a Comprehensive Cancer Centre combining a hospital and research laboratories in a single independent organization. The research group of Benj...
Research Technician 'Retina On Chip: Modeling And Treating Eye Diseases In A Dish', Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc), Netherlands, 8 days ago
We are looking for a research technician who has relevant education and/or hands-on lab experience. This experience includes basic molecular and functional techniques at DNA, RNA, protein and cell...
The Dual Function Of F Atp Synthase In Tumor Cell Metabolism And Survival, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy, 28 days ago
It has been recently discovered that the mitochondrial chaperone TRAP1 acts as a bona fide oncogene by down-modulating the activity of the respiratory complex II, aka succinate dehydrogenase. The ...
Advanced Proteomic Approaches To Identify And Characterize Lin28 Molecular Complexes Regulating..., MIUR, Italy, 11 days ago
The RNA-binding protein (RBP) Lin28a controls pluripotent stem cell differentiation as well as the establishment of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), through the reprogramming of somatic cel...