A lab technician position is available in the group of Professor Molly Stevens in the division of Biomaterials at the Department of Medical Biochemistry and biophysics (MBB). The successful applicant will join a multidisciplinary research team and will contribute to organising the relocation of the lab to the new Biomedicum building and will provide administrative and organisational support to the research team.
The full-time position is available for 1 year fixed-term (from September 2017).
The successful candidate will be involved in administration and organisation of the laboratory. After a short training period, he/she will be responsible for the inventory control of laboratory equipment and supplies, ordering of chemicals and contacting suppliers for the repairs and maintenance of laboratory equipment. The successful candidate will also be involved in administrative support of the research group. This includes processing of invoices, administrative tasks, liaising with research staff to support the group’s activities to ensure continuity in the laboratory work, attending relevant meetings. He/she will particularly involve in co-ordinating and organising the move of the lab to the new Biomedicum building.
The lab of Molly Stevens is part of the Biomaterials division of MBB. For more information see www.stevensgroup.org and www.ki.se/mbb .
- Responsible for raising purchase orders for laboratory supplies.
- Overseeing the repairs and maintenance of laboratory equipment by arranging for on or off site repairs.
- Inventory control of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Processing of invoices.
- Organising and attending Biomedicum-related meetings.
- Organisation of Biomedicum laboratory space and relocation of the group.
- Writing update reports regarding Biomedicum relocation
- Liaising with HR, regarding administrative tasks, such as contracts, reimbursement.
- Liaising with research staff regarding administrative and organisational questions.
- Managing and organising the general lab space.
- Undertaking any necessary training and/or development.
- Monitor lab safety and address potential hazards, including risk analysis and chemical inventory
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience in lab management [Desired]
- Experience in laboratory work [Essential]
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English [Essential]
- Written and oral communication skills in Swedish [Desired]
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment [Essential]
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply new concepts [Essential]
- A creative approach to problem-solving [Essential]
- Experience in lab management [Desired]
The candidate must have a bachelor degree.
An employment application must contain the following documents in English:
The application is to be submitted on the MyNetwork recruitment system.
At Karolinska Institutet a 6-month trial period is required for all permanent appointments.
Specialist Associate, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 5 days ago
Specialist Associate - 006R6 Description To assist the Principal Investigator with the smooth running of a number of cohort studies. For a number of longitudinal cohort studies within Division of ...
Host Parasite Interactions, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 10 hours ago
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Rocky Mountain Labs, Hamilton, MT Position Description: A postdoctoral fellowship is available within the Host-Parasite Interactions Section ...
Assistant Director, R&D (Gen Path), National Institutes of Health, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position Description: GeneDx,a division of BioReference Laboratories, is a rapidly-growing, diverse clinical laboratory in Gaithersburg, MD that provides molecular diagnosis for genetic disorders....
Laboratory Coordinator & Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 3 days ago
SCI Dean Of Science Competition No. - S104834070 Posting Date - Oct 11, 2017 Closing Date - Oct 18, 2017 Position Type - Full Time - Operating Funded Salary Range - $58,675 to ...
Laboratory Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Laboratory Coordinator I Posting Title Laboratory Coordinator I System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY - TEXARKANA (TAMUT) Depart...
Clinical Laboratory Assistant, University of Missouri, United States, 14 days ago
CLINICAL LABORATORY ASSISTANT-17003333 Job : Allied Health Primary Location : Columbia Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Unposting Date : Ongoing Description Shift: Monday through Friday 7:00 ...