A lab manager position is available in the group of Professor Molly Stevens in the division of Biomaterials at the Department of Medical Biochemistry and biophysics (MBB). The successful applicant will join a multidisciplinary research team with a translational profile aiming at supporting the reserach group and organising the relocation of the lab to Biomedicum.
The position is available as part-time (50%) for 1 year fixed-term (from September 2017).
The successful candidate will be involved in administration and organisation of the laboratory and research group. This includes ordering of chemicals and equipment, processing of invoices, inventory control of laboratory equipment and supplies, overseeing the repairs and maintenance of laboratory equipment by arranging for on or off site repairs, administrative tasks, liaise with research staff to support the group’s activities to ensure continuity in the laboratory work, attending relevant meetings, and co-ordinating and organising the move of the lab to the new Biomedicum building.
The lab of Molly Stevens is part of the Biomaterials division of MBB. For more information see www.stevensgroup.org and www.ki.se/mbb
- Responsible for raising purchase orders for laboratory supplies.
- Processing of invoices.
- Attending Biomedicum-related meetings.
- Organisation of Biomedicum laboratory space and relocation of the group.
- Taking care of administrative tasks including contracts, reimbursement and liaising with HR.
- Managing and organising the general lab space.
- Undertaking any necessary training and/or development.
- Overseeing the repairs and maintenance of laboratory equipment by arranging for on or off site repairs.
- Inventory control of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Monitor lab safety and address potential hazards, including risk analysis and chemical inventory
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience in lab management [Essential]
- Experience in laboratory work [Essential]
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English [Essential]
- Written and oral communication skills in Swedish [Desired]
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment [Essential]
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply new concepts [Essential]
- A creative approach to problem-solving [Essential]
- Experience in project and lab management [Essential]
The candidate must have a bachelor degree.
An employment application must contain the following documents in English:
The application is to be submitted on the MyNetwork recruitment system.
At Karolinska Institutet a 6-month trial period is required for all permanent appointments.
Speech & Language Therapist, University Hospital Southampton, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
UHS Speech and Language Therapy Vacancy Band 6- Adult Acute Full time – 37.5 hrs ( part time applicants would be considered) Base –University Hospitals Southampton - UHS We have a fabulous opportu...
Host Parasite Interactions, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 10 hours ago
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Rocky Mountain Labs, Hamilton, MT Position Description: A postdoctoral fellowship is available within the Host-Parasite Interactions Section ...
Laboratory Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Laboratory Coordinator I Posting Title Laboratory Coordinator I System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY - TEXARKANA (TAMUT) Depart...
Environmental Specialist I, University of Maryland, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position Summary/Purpose of Position: The University of Maryland is looking for a dynamic individual to serve as an Environmental Specialist I within the Environmental Affairs (EA) Unit of the Dep...
Laboratory Coordinator & Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 3 days ago
SCI Dean Of Science Competition No. - S104834070 Posting Date - Oct 11, 2017 Closing Date - Oct 18, 2017 Position Type - Full Time - Operating Funded Salary Range - $58,675 to ...
Specialist Associate, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 5 days ago
Specialist Associate - 006R6 Description To assist the Principal Investigator with the smooth running of a number of cohort studies. For a number of longitudinal cohort studies within Division of ...