We are looking for a first research assistant to the Department of clinical microbiology who will be working in the group of Marta Bally. You will support the research activities of the group in the context of studying virus-membrane interactions Specifically, you will contribute with expertise in single particle tracking on live cells and on cell surface mimics and assist a number of research projects with data and image analysis. You will both develop new analysis procedures and analyze data provided to you.
We offer an international, stimulating collaboration-oriented research environment, where your scientific development is promoted.
Carbohydrates, in particular sialic acid and glycosaminoglycans play a key role in mediating the initial recruitment and accumulation of viruses at the cell surface. Virus-membrane interactions need to be tightly modulated and regulated to ensure an optimal attachment and diffusion of the virus at the cell surface, towards efficient entry. The aim of this project is to gain fundamental understanding on how the characteristics of different types of carbohydrates at the cell surface contribute to modulating the initial interaction of a number of viral pathogens.
Description of tasks:
- You will analyse data, summarize and interpret results, and put these in a scientific context.
- You will develop new data and image analysis procedures required for the execution of the project
- You will help planning future experiments.
- You are engaged in drafting and submission of manuscripts.
- You will act in agreement with the university’s policy for equal opportunities and data protection.
- A PhD in biophysics
- Extensive Postdoc experience, including in the field of virology
- Programing skills in Matlab
- Extensive experience with image analysisn using e.g. Fiji
- Extensive experience with the analysis of single particle tracking data.
The successful candidate should also have documented experience with:
- Practical experience with fluorescence microscopy, including the acquisition of single particle tracking data.
- Practical experience with AFM-based force spectroscopy
- Outstanding communication skills in English both in oral and written form
- Documented supervision of undergraduate students
- Capability of working in an interdisciplinary research environment
- An outstanding understanding of the potential and principle of biophysical assays to study virus-membrane interactions, including those using cell-membrane mimicsPraktisk erfarenhet av fluorescensmikroskopi, inklusive single particle tracking.
The application must contain
The application must be made electronically, last day to apply is 4 November-2021.
50% position, 6 months, start after agreement
For questions, contact; Marta Bally. E-mail email@example.com
We welcome your application!
Postdoc (3 Yr): Intracellular Notch Trafficking And Stem Cell Fate At The Grow Institute,..., Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, 7 days ago
Background: Notch proteins are master regulators of cell fate during development and control selfrenewal and differentiation in most adult tissues. Activation of Notch proteins is regulated by suc...
Postdoctoral Scientists, NIBRT, Ireland, about 23 hours ago
VACANCY SUMMARY POSITIONS AVAILABLE Postdoctoral Scientists LOCATION NIBRT Facility, Dublin, Ireland DEPARTMENT Cell Engineering Group HIRING MANAGER Principal Investigator Cell Engineering - Prof...
2 Postdoctoral Positions In Human Adipose Tissue Biology, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 8 days ago
The research group The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) is a department with a strong focus on basic science. CMB conducts research and education in cell biology, molecular biology, ...
Postdoctoral Bioinformatician In Clinical And Embryonic Stem Cell Biology , Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 8 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The research will be performed at the division of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Fredrik Lanners lab which combines fundamental developmenta...
Postdoc In Genetic Mechanisms Of Anti Cancer Drug Resistance, Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
We offer a Postdoc position in the division of Cell Biology, Metabolism, and Cancer in the Department of Biomolecular Health Sciences at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Utrecht University. Y...
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate T Cell Immunology, Car T Cell, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position Description: We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with a research background in immunology to join the Adicet Research Team. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of T c...