This position is linked to SITES, which is a national infrastructure for ecosystem research that facilitates long-term, world-class field based ecosystem research by offering a unique infrastructure and expertise to the Swedish and international research community. SITES is funded by the Swedish Research Council, together with the principals of the research stations. The coordinator of SITES is the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), where also the secretariat is located. Read more at www.fieldsites.se .
SITES Secretariat is recruiting an "Environmental Assessment Analyst" to contribute to data management and communication support.
The main focus will be on the management and mobilization of data from the SITES thematic programs and research stations, but will also include maintaining SITES communicaton efforts and supporting other ongoing activities within the SITES Secretariat.
Specific tasks include:
- Support SITES data work, including publishing data from SITES Thematic Programs AquaNet/Water and supporting data work within Spectral and at the research stations
- Update and develop station-based background data and GIS layers
- Organize meetings and workshops within the data coordination group and linked documentation work
- Contribute to SITES documentation, such as the annual report, data management strategy and communication plan
- Lead communication activities linked to SITES website, social media, news and newsletters
- Manage images and videos and the associated metadata in GDPR framework
- Special responsibility for presentation and text in Swedish
As the work involves various data management tasks, great emphasis is placed on analytical skills and the ability to apply a problem-solving approach. Emphasis is also placed on previous communication experience and use of common communication tools. The work will be conducted together with a multidisciplinary group within the SITES community and therefore good people person skills as well as a broad experience and training in ecosystem sciences relevant to the infrastructure is warranted.
- The applicant must be fluent in both Swedish and English
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a research area of relevance to SITES
- Documented experience working with large data sets of types that are relevant for the infrastructure
- Experience and skills in open GIS
- Personal qualities taken into consideration include the ability to work in a structured way with an eye for detail, a high degree of independence while also being a team player
The following are merits:
- Experience and skills in open source software and basic programming (e.g. QGIS, R, Python)
- Communication experience including web editing, popular science writing, and communication via social media
- Knowledge of national and international data catalogues and metadata standards regarding open data repositories and requirements of the FAIR principles
- Prior knowledge working with national research infrastructures and field research stations
Place of work:
The position as Environmental Assessment Analyst is part of the secretariat, which is placed on the Department of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment (SLU Campus Ultuna, Uppsala).
Form of employment:
Fixed term employment of 6 months, with possible extension.
2022-01-01 or according to agreement.
We welcome your application no later than 2021-11-28, use the button below.
The application should contain CV, letter of interest and diploma .
Academic union representatives:
The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) is a world-class international university with research, education and environmental assessment within the sciences for sustainable life. Its principal sites are in Alnarp, Umeå and Uppsala, but activities are also conducted at research stations, experimental parks and educational establishments throughout Sweden. We bring together people who have different perspectives, but they all have one and the same goal: to create the best conditions for a sustainable, thriving and better world.
SLU has just over 3,000 employees, 5,000 students and a turnover of SEK 3 billion. The university has invested heavily in a modern, attractive environment on its campuses.
URL to this pagehttps://www.slu.se/en/about-slu/work-at-slu/jobs-vacancies/?rmpage=job&rmjob=5643&rmlang=UK
Lab Technician, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 3 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to better health for all? Chemical Biology Consortium Sweden, CBCS, will from 2022 be a Swedish Research Council funded infrastructure of national interest. This means th...
Scientific Coordinator In Precision Medicine At Sci Life Lab Sci Life Lab Application Deadline: February 14, 2022view, SciLifeLab, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
SciLifeLab aims to build molecular precision medicine capabilities, connecting the unique capabilities of SciLifeLab’s infrastructure platforms, technologies, and data-driven life science initiati...
Administrative Assistant, McGill University, Canada, 15 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Research Engineer Within Operations For Large Scale Sequencing, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 5 days ago
The Department of Biosciences and Nutrition performs research and education in several areas of medical science including aging, Alzheimer, bioorganic chemistry, biomaterial, molecular endocrinolo...
First Researcher Engineer In Drug Development University Of Gothenburg Application Deadline: January 24, 2022view, SciLifeLab, Sweden, 3 days ago
The University of Gothenburg tackles society’s challenges with diverse knowledge. 53 500 students and 6 500 employees make the university a large and inspiring place to work and study. Strong rese...
2 Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) Positions In Molecular And Cellular Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht (UMC Utrecht), Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
The UMC Utrecht Brain ">https://www.umcutrecht.nl/en/research/center/brain-center">Brain Center is an internationally recognized research institute with an outstanding track record in fundamental ...