4 Nov 2023
- Research Field
Medical sciences » Veterinary medicine
- Researcher Profile
Leading Researcher (R4)
- Application Deadline
7 Jan 2024 - 22:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Reference Number
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science
The department of Clinical Sciences
The Department of Clinical Sciences is responsible for undergraduate education, research and doctoral education in the fields of veterinary medicine, animal care and animal science. The department's activities mainly concern our common Swedish domesticated animal species (pets) with a focus on anesthesiology, imaging, animal care, epidemiology, laboratory animal medicine, surgery, clinical chemistry, medicine and animal reproduction. Read more about our activities and infrastructure here .
Read more about our benefits and what it is like to work at SLU via the following link .
The subject of small animal surgery includes research and theoretical and practical teaching in small animal surgery, predominantly in dogs and cats. The subject includes several sub-disciplines such as soft tissue and neurosurgery, dentistry and orthopaedics. It develops and evaluates new methods and techniques for improved diagnosis, prognosis, treatment and prevention of diseases, injuries and complications, including studies of risk factors.
The applicant will be expected to
- conduct clinical surgical activities at the University Animal Hospital
- lead and lead internationally successful research
- develop, lead and participate in teaching at first, second and third cycle level
- mainly teach within small animal surgery, but also at other courses at first, second and third cycle level
- develop and maintain national and international networks and collaborations with academia, relevant agencies, industries, organizations and society at large
- collaborate with other research groups within SLU to strengthen interdisciplinary activities at the university
- apply for external research funding at national and international level
- supervise doctoral students and students undergoing residency
- actively participate in clinical work and teaching
- contribute to the strategic development of the department, faculty and SLU
- communicate research findings and other relevant information to society at large
- perform administrative duties within the department, faculty and university
- be able to use Swedish as a working language within two years.
Swedish and English are used in parallel at the department. The successful applicant will need to be able to conduct the majority of their duties in English. However, as Swedish is the university’s principal language, the successful applicant will be expected to have professional working knowledge of the language within two years of taking up the position. The department will provide support with language learning.
The applicant must
- have a Degree of Master of Science in Veterinary Medicine
- have Swedish veterinary identification, or be entitled to obtain one upon application in accordance with current applicable legislation, regulations and directives*
- have international Veterinary Medicine specialist competence (diplomate) in a subject relevant to the position
- hold a doctorate and competence as associate professor (docent) or equivalent academic qualifications in a subject relevant to the position
- demonstrate research expertise in the subject
- demonstrate teaching expertise and have the ability to integrate research and a scientific approach into their teaching
- have demonstrated the ability to lead and develop a successful internationally recognized research group
- have demonstrated the ability to compete for external research funding
- have documented, current, clinical experience in a subject relevant to the position
- have good knowledge of English.
*Act (2009:302 ) on activities within animal health care ch. 3. Qualification rules, the Swedish Agency for Agriculture's regulations and general advice on qualifications for animal health personnel (SJVFS 2016:9 ) ch. 2. Qualification as a veterinarian, as well as European Parliament and Council Directive (2005/36/EC ) of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications.
Grounds of assessment, other information:
Note: This advertisement is abbreviated to fit in Platsbanken's recruitment tool. To view the ad in its entirety, please visit Jobs and vacancies at SLU | Externwebben.
Place of work:
Form of employment:
Use the document Application guidelines for appointment as professor, senior lecturer or associate senior lecturer at SLU as guide when you fill in your application.
Please apply by clicking the apply-button below.
Academic union representatives:
The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) has a key role in the development for sustainable life, based on science and education. Through our focus on the interaction between humans, animals and ecosystems and the responsible use of natural resources, we contribute to sustainable societal development and good living conditions on our planet. Our main campuses are located in Alnarp, Umeå and Uppsala, however, the university also operates at research stations, experimental forests and teaching sites throughout Sweden.
SLU has around 3,000 employees, 5,000 students and doctoral students and a turnover of over SEK 3 billion. We are investing in attractive environments on all of our campuses. We strive to provide a work environment characterised by inclusivity and gender equality, where different experiences generate conversations between people and pave the way for science, creativity and development. Therefore, we welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Research Field
- Medical sciences
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Research Field
- Medical sciences » Veterinary medicine
- Years of Research Experience
- 4 - 10
- Number of offers available
- Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet
- Postal Code
- Box 7054
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Doctoral Candidate Postion In Computational Toxicology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 13 hours ago
Department of Animal Biosciences (HBIO) - Pharmacology and Toxicology Unit HBIO is part of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences and is responsible for education, research and pos...
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer In Veterinary Surgery (Small Animal Orthopaedics) , ;, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
FACULTY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES Qualifications and Experience The successful candidate must possess a DVM or equivalent. Candidates should also possess: MSc or equivalent in Veterinary Surgery (Small ...
Senior Advisor In Animal Production And Its Impact On Climate And Environment, Aarhus University, Denmark, about 24 hours ago
The Department of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Aarhus University, invites highly qualified applicants for a Senior Adviser position in relation to animal production and its impact on climate an...
Veterinary Lab Technician, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 7 hours ago
Veterinary Lab Technician Med-Medicine - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (24001632) Perform animal husbandry, database management, and provides assistance in animal experiments. Job Summary Performs a v...
Companion Animal Rotating Intern, Massey University, New Zealand, about 24 hours ago
SVS - VTH Companion Animal Hospital College of Sciences Palmerston North CS_SVSVTHCAH_1083_12/23 SVS - VTH Companion Animal Hospital College of Sciences Term length: fixed-term Hours of work: full...
Clinical Veterinarian, Lab Animals, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
99059BR Campus: Tempe Clinical Veterinarian Job Description Work as a Clinical Veterinarian for a top employer. Forbes listed Arizona State University as one of the best large employers of 2023 an...