Description of the workplace
The Center for Translational Genomics (CTG) is a prioritized research infrastructure at the Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, which is part of the Clinical Genomics platform at SciLifeLab . The Clinical Genomics platform offers state-of-the-art genomics-based services (e.g. novel single-cell applications) to translational and clinical researchers across Sweden as a whole and promotes rapid translation of new research findings into clinical utility through close collaborations with the regional healthcare providers.
We are now looking for a highly driven, experienced and team-oriented associate researcher, interested in developing and providing cutting-edge research services in single-cell and spatial biology sequencing applications.
What we offer
Read on the University’s website about being a Lund University employee, Work at Lund University
Work duties and responsibilities
You will become a part of a highly dedicated and experienced team, focused on providing innovative research services in single-cell and spatial biology applications. As these methodologies constitute a national technology focus area (TFA) within the SciLifeLab Clinical Genomics platform, led by CTG, you will also contribute to the impact of CTG nationally.
The work duties will include practical work on the latest single-cell and sequencing platforms (e.g. NextSeq 2000, NovaSeq X Plus). The role also includes continuous improvement of existing analysis methods, advisory meetings with users in association with service and development projects as well as administration of service projects. The work will be highly team-oriented, both through internal and external collaborations, which necessitates excellent collaboration and communication skills.
The main work duties are:
- Performing state-of-the-art single-cell sequencing experiments on different platforms (e.g. 10X Chromium/ChromiumX, Visium CytAssist, CellenONE F1.4)
- Development of new methods for NGS-based single-cell and spatial tissue analyses
- Basic light and fluorescence microscopy of tissue sections
- Providing expertise to researchers and other facility users in connection to different service and development projects (single-cell and spatial tissue analysis)
- Different types of administrative assignments (e.g. documentation and reporting of service activities).
The requirements for the position are:
- PhD from relevant research field (i.e. molecular biology, genomics or equivalent)
- Good knowledge about and practical experience in next generation sequencing (NGS)-based technologies.
- Good knowledge about and practical experience in NGS-based single-cell and/or spatial biology analyses.
- At least 5 years of practical experience of working with molecular biology methods (e.g. cDNA synthesis, PCR/qPCR, RNA/DNA analysis)
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English
Great emphasis will be placed on personal suitability. You must have a good ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new methods and establish new protocols. You must also have excellent communication and collaboration skills as well as be able to conduct your work independently and with high quality while meeting set deadlines. Finally, you must demonstrate excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
Additional merits for the position are:
- Experience in NGS library preparation (e.g. Illumina DNA Prep)
- Experience in Illumina sequencing (e.g. NextSeq 2000, NovaSeq X Plus)
- Experience from commercially available single-cell analysis platforms (e.g. 10X Chromium, inDrop, ParseBiosciences, Singleron)
- Experience in one or several of the following areas;
- cell culture of primary cells and cell lines
- cell or nucleus isolation via flow cytometry
- tissue sectioning, tissue preservation and preparation for histological analysis
- histological tissue analysis and fluorescence microscopy
- protein analysis using mass spectrometry
- long-read sequencing technologies
- lab automation
- project management
- Good oral and written communication skills in Swedish
The employment is a full-time permanent position (100%), to start on January 1st, 2024, or as soon as possible according to agreement. Probationary employment of 6 months may be applied.
How to apply
You apply for the position via the University’s recruitment system. The application is to include a personal letter describing how you meet the qualification requirements and why you are interested in the position. The application is also to include a CV with a list of publications, a general description of previous research work, a copy of your doctoral degree and any other documents to which you wish to draw attention (copies of degree certificates, grade transcripts, details of referees, letters of recommendation, etc.)
Postdoctoral Researcher In Skin, Alternative Splicing, And Single Cell Biology (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 3 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Description of the research group Kasper Lab. With our research – rooted within the fields of skin and stem cell biology – we aim to answ...
Research Fellow (Pharmacy And Pharmaceutical Sciences), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Job Description The successful candidate will work with Dr. Boxiang Liu on leveraging functional genomics approaches to understand the molecular mechanisms of complex diseases. The main responsibi...
Research Assistant (Pharmacy And Pharmaceutical Sciences), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Job Description The successful candidate will work with Dr. Boxiang Liu on performing snRNA-seq experiment and leveraging functional genomics approaches to understand the molecular mechanisms of t...
Postdoc In Dopaminergic Neurons And Parkinson’s Disease, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 3 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? We invite applications for a postdoctoral position in the laboratory of Professor Ernest Arenas: http://ernestarenaslab.org/ . The labora...
Two Postdoctoral Fellow Positions Opened In Functional Genomics Of Rare Kid, Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cell Biology (IGBMC), France, 14 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cell Biology (IGBMC) Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Count...
Postdoctoral Fellow For Laboratory Of Interneuron Developmental Dynamics, VIB, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Job description The Laboratory of Interneuron Developmental Dynamics (headed by Lynette Lim) ) is part of the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research and is located on Campus Gasthuisbe...