The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER)
a fully funded PhD researcher in Economics (f/m/d) - Ref 22-07
- Ref 22-07
- Full time, 40 hours/week
- Fixed-term contract for 3 years
- Work contract at LISER, Labour Market department
- PhD supervision by Prof Christina Gathmann (LISER) and other committee members
- Start date: as soon as possible
LISER invites highly motivated applicants for a PhD position in the Labour Market Department and its new head Prof Christina Gathmann. The successful candidate will work on questions related to gender gaps, human capital, internal careers and related topics. The work will involve handling large administrative and big data using remote access and advanced programming.
The Doctoral Candidate will be a member of the Labour Market department. Your tasks include:
- Prepare a doctoral thesis in economics on the labour market and the use of big data in empirical economic research;
- Contribute to co- and single-authored publications on the research topic;
- Participate in the everyday management of the project, including public outreach activities like policy briefs, workshops, social media communication etc.
- Master degree in economics or econometrics;
- Prior working experience in large, administrative data is a big plus;
- Good programming skills with large data (experience with Matlab would be a plus);
- Experience with machine learning is a plus;
- Strong interest in labour economics, econometrics and quantitative methods
- Excellent verbal communication and academic writing skills in English; working knowledge of German or French is not necessary, but considered an asset;
- Enthusiasm for research, critical thinking and working in a diverse team.
- Work in a dynamic department with many international colleagues, both senior and junior;
- An exciting multi-disciplinary and international research environment with ample opportunities to exchange with scholars from related disciplines at both LISER and the University;
- A highly competitive salary for the full-time PhD position plus a generous annual training budget;
- A package of mentoring, training and career development as well as access to a wide range of courses and seminars offered by LISER and the University.
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Researcher In Health Economics And Health Services (F/M) Ref: 22 35, Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research, Luxembourg, 11 days ago
Researcher in Health Economics and Health Services Permanent contract, full-time (50% LISER – 50% LIH) Entry date: January 2023 Ref: 22-35 To be part of the Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH) - ...
Postdoctoral Position In Labour Economics/Gender Economics/Management And Organisation , NHH Norwegian School of Economics, Norway, about 19 hours ago
26th December 2022 Languages English English English Postdoctoral position in Labour Economics/Gender Economics/Management and Organisation Apply for this job See advertisement About NHH NHH Norwe...
Postdoc In Econometrics And Data Science, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2 days ago
The department of Econometrics and Data Science of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam invites applications of new colleagues who share our ambition for impactful research and high quality teaching. Loca...
Postdoc In High Performance Computing (Hpc), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 19 days ago
Postdoc in High-Performance Computing (HPC) (Valid from 11/11/2022 to 13/01/2023) Language: English (UK) Location Belval Country: Luxembourg Organisation Department of Computer Science (DCS) data:...
Ph D Research Fellowships In Economics , University of Oslo, Norway, about 14 hours ago
15th January 2023 Languages English English English PhD Research Fellowships in Economics Apply for this job See advertisement Job description 3-5 PhD Research Fellow positions (SKO 1017) for the ...
Postdoctoral Position In Labour Economics , NHH Norwegian School of Economics, Norway, about 19 hours ago
26th December 2022 Languages English English English Postdoctoral position in Labour Economics Apply for this job See advertisement About NHH NHH Norwegian School of Economics is one of the leadi...