Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as research support contributor? Join our Environmental Research and Innovation department
The Environmental Research and Innovation (ERIN) department, made up of 200 life science, environmental science and information technology researchers and engineers, provides the interdisciplinary knowledge, expertise and technologies to lead solutions including the major environmental challenges facing society, such as climate change mitigation, ecosystem resilience, sustainable energy systems, efficient use of renewable resources, and environmental pollution prevention and control.
The department relies on two cutting-edge platforms, the Biotechnologies and Environmental Analytics Platform and the Observatory for the Climate and the Environment, and the GreenTech Innovation Centre (GTIC): a one-stop-shop for the complete development of bio-based products and processes.
How will you contribute?
As part of a Research and Technology Organization (RTO), the work of the Environmental Research and Innovation (ERIN) Department tackles some of the major environmental challenges our society is facing today, such as climate change mitigation, ecosystem resilience, sustainable energy systems, the efficient use of renewable resources, and environmental pollution prevention and control. To this end, the mission of the ERIN department is:
(1) To conduct impact-driven scientific research and development, as well as technological innovation
(2) To support companies in the implementation of new environmental regulations and advise governments on determining sustainable policies for the future, with the objectives of:
- Analysing, managing and exploiting sustainable resources (water, air, soil, renewable energy, bio-resources)
- Reducing the environmental impact of human consumption and production activities.
The selected candidate will join its Environmental Sustainability Assessment and Circularity (SUSTAIN) Unit, which develops knowledge, transferable (software) technologies and practical methods for the integrative evaluation and management of the sustainability and risks of human driven systems. Its final purpose is to foster sustainable, technology driven eco-innovation in industry and to support sustainability-oriented policymaking.
The applicant will more specifically join the Sustainable Urban and Built Environment (SUBE) research group. SUBE tackles the entire life-cycle of built assets (Architecture & Planning, Engineering, Construction and Operations). Digital tools are developed to support the various transitions within the urban and built environment towards low-carbon, sustainable environments, such from buildings through districts, cities and regions.
The software developer will contribute to RDI projects mainly in the design, development and improvement of software applications linked to new methods, technological solutions and/or products. Main focus will be on the implementation of building/urban engineering systems and operational geospatial web platforms involving geoanalytics & 3D visualisation for city wide planning and management tools for digital twins in the domains of urban design, energy transitions, circular economy, and earth observation. The successful candidate will also actively participate to the research and innovation activities requirement specific domain knowledge in the construction sector.
Contribution to RDI projects:
- Design, develop, and test software tools implemented into interoperable web-based geospatial decision support platforms and tangible interfaces for sustainable urban environmental applications and environmental resources management;
- Implement operational geospatial web platforms involving geoanalytics & 3D visualisation building towards digital twins e.g. urban planning, city-wide energy planning and management, ecosystem services and earth observation analysis tools using interoperable OGC standards;
- Participate to the implementation of technological solutions (proofs of concepts, prototypes);
- Maintain documentation of the developed code, according to the institute’s standards;
- Participate in the drafting of technical reports;
- Participate to the implementation of technological solutions (proofs of concepts, prototypes)
Energy Conscious Preventive Conservation Of Movable Heritage, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 24 days ago
The position is open for applicants holding a PhD degree in one of the following Engineering fields: Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Elect...
Faculty Position In Hydraulic Engineering & Fluid Structure Interactions, EPFL, Switzerland, about 20 hours ago
The EPFL School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering (ENAC) invites applications for an Assistant (tenure-track) or Associate (tenured) Professor of Hydraulic Engineering & Fluid-S...
Postdoc Or Scientist In Energy Systems Modelling, Empa, Switzerland, about 12 hours ago
Empa - the place where innovation starts Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and th...
Staff Engineer, Research Software Engineer, NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
About the position We have a vacancy limited to 1.5 years for a temporary Staff Engineer (Research Software Engineer) at the Industrial Ecology Digital Lab (Industrial Ecology Programme (IndEcol)...
Assistant Professor Urban Design For Local Climate Types, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 21 minutes ago
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) on Urban Design for Local Climate Types in 4TU Project. We invite applicants to join our international and interdisciplinary team of passionate and ambitious aca...
Web Project Manager (It), Arizona State University, United States, 8 days ago
84335BR Campus: Tempe Web Project Manager (IT) Job Description The SolarSPELL Initiative at ASU is currently seeking a highly motivated Web Application Developer (IT) to join our team. This Web IT...