Context and Mission
We search for a group leader, specialized in natural language processing (NLP), research infrastructures and in the creation and development of technologies related to the acquisition, production, formalization, management, validation and evaluation of language resources for NLP and Computational Linguistics; with demonstrable experience in European research projects, leading a research group in NLP, and organizing shared tasks, who will supervise the development, integration and evaluation of clinical NLP components into a platform for NLP, coordinate shared tasks and benchmark efforts and coordinate with other projects and initiatives of the Plan-TL and related EU projects.
- Supervision of a team responsible for the design and implementation of biomedical text mining and NLP resources, coordinating the integration of these resources into a natural language processing framework.
- Coordination of group activities to guarantee the correct alignment with the different initiatives of the Plan-TL. Good knowledge of the NLP community in Spain and EU.
- Collaboration with national initiatives and projects of the European framework programs with relevance to the Plan-TL in the field of biomedical text mining.
- Collaborate in the dissemination of the national strategic plan for the advancement of language technologies.
- Definition of strategic and operational plans.
- Search and obtaining of new projects and initiatives
- University degree (PhD or doctorate degree) in computational linguistics or similar.
Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Experience in leading research teams in NLP and in defining and executing work plans.
- Long experience in European projects in the NLP domain
- Long experience in linguistic infrastructure projects
- Long experience in data integration, standards and interoperability issues
- Working experience in the implementation and/or usage of biomedical text mining resources.
- Experience writing EU project proposals and setting collaborative agreements with hospitals and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of the Plan-TL and the NLP community in Spain and EU.
- Experience in organizing shared tasks in the biomedical domain
Additional Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Development of resources for biomedical text mining in Spanish and English, including components and annotated Gold Standard corpora
- Experience in organizing events and dissemination activities related to biomedical text mining
- Knowledge of the state-of-the-art in NLP in Spain and EU
- Fluency in English, Spanish and Catalan.
- Team leader skills.
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Used to work under pressure under strict deadlines.
- Experience on developing project technical specifications.
- Project management skills: reporting, documenting and planning.
The position will be located at BSC within the Life Sciences Department
We offer a full-time contract (40 hours a week), a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible working hours, extensive training plan, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
Duration: Temporary - Until 31/12/2022 renewable
Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
Starting date: 1/12/2020
Research Engineer, School Of Information Systems, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Contract Manager Bachelor Degree Singapore | Closing On 12 Feb 2021 12-month contract About Us Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a he...
Research Engineer, Living Analytics Research Centre, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 10 hours ago
Contract Manager Bachelor Degree Singapore | Closing On 19 Feb 2021 1-year contract About Us Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a heal...
Researcher, Uppsala University, Netherlands, about 22 hours ago
Published: 2021-01-07 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...
Laboratory Assistant At The Targeted Therapeutics And Nanodevices Research Group , Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), Luxembourg, about 20 hours ago
Data límit: 05/02/2021 Ref: LA_SM The Targeted Therapeutics and Nanodevices Groupis looking for a research assistant to help the lab with a project relative to the development of biodegradable pol...
January 2021 Research Software Engineer For Gamma Ray Telescope Data Management Services, IFAE, Spain, about 17 hours ago
Port d'Informació Científica (PIC, http://www.pic.es ) is searching for computer scientists, software engineers or science graduates motivated to work in e-infrastructure for international astro...
Software Engineer Precisiontox, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, about 13 hours ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...