1 Dec 2023
University of Deusto
IRPO - International Research Project Office
- Research Field
Engineering » Biomedical engineering
- Researcher Profile
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
31 Jan 2024 - 23:59 (Europe/Madrid)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Offer Starting Date
1 Sep 2024
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
At the University of Deusto we are currently seeking candidates to fill the above position in the Faculty of Engineering to teach subjects related to data analysis, image, systems and signal processing, communications or design of prototypes in the Biomedical Engineering degree programme as well as in other bachelor's and master's degrees taught in the Faculty of Engineering that include subjects related to the above area of knowledge in their curriculum.
Subject Area(s): Biomedical Engineering - Data Analysis
Positions available: 1
AREA OF KNOWLEDGE:
- Lecturer and researcher with experience in the above area of knowledge.
- Subject areas: Biomedical instrumentation and robotics, communications in Biomedical Engineering, biomedical systems and prototyping, mathematical and computational methods in cell and molecular biology, image analysis and processing, biomechanics and neural control of movement, or modelling, processing and frameworks for human simulation.
- The job involves performing teaching -in english- and research tasks in the specific area of knowledge and may require undertaking some of the Faculty’s academic management tasks in the future.
- Research Field
- Engineering » Biomedical engineering
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Holding a degree in Biomedical Engineering or other engineering fields and having consolidated experience in teaching/research in this field.
- Holding a PhD degree and having a positive evaluation by an Official Quality Agency will be an asset.
- Experience as a university lecturer and researcher in the above areas of knowledge and, if applicable, the motivation to develop a teaching and research career at university will also be considered.
- Experience in online teaching and having completed online training courses, as well as participation in tutoring or degree coordination schemes would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Basque will be an asset.
We seek a qualified professional, with a teaching vocation, empathy, capacity for teamwork, motivation for innovation, capacity to adapt and to identify with UD’s identity and mission.
Expected start date: 1 September 2024.
This is a full-time job.
The salary will be based on the candidates’ experience and skills and in line with the career development of the teaching and research staff at the University of Deusto. In the event that the successful candidate does not hold a PhD degree, the Faculty will provide support, both financially and in terms of time commitment, for the completion of a doctoral thesis in his or her academic field.
We support the inclusion of people with disabilities at the University of Deusto. Therefore, we encourage you to state this condition in your application (Certificate of Disability equal to or greater than 33%).
- Number of offers available
- University of Deusto
Where to apply
Avda. Universidades 24
- Postal Code
Technician For Supporting Alzheimer Research, VIB, Belgium, about 21 hours ago
The Laboratory for the Research of Neurodegenerative Diseases headed by Prof. Bart De Strooper is a vibrant environment where key issues related to Alzheimer’s disease are tackled. Description Th...
Assistant Professor In Biomedical Engineering With Specialisation In Microphysiological Systems (Sci Life Lab Fellow), Uppsala University, Sweden, about 24 hours ago
Published: 2024-01-26 Uppsala University’s tenure track system grants assistant professors the possibility to be assessed for promotion to the position as associate professor. The university prov...
Assistant Professor In Biomedical Engineering With Specialisation In Microphysiological Systems (Sci Life Lab Fellow), SciLifeLab, Sweden, about 14 hours ago
Uppsala University’s tenure track system grants assistant professors the possibility to be assessed for promotion to the position as associate professor. The university provides support in various...
Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Stem Cell Based Tissue Models Of The Human Brain, Nervous System And Eye Dtu Health Tech, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs DTU Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Stem Cell-based Tissue Models of the Human Brain, Nervous System and Eye - DTU Health Tech Kgs. Lyngby...
Faculty Position In Biology By Design (Biotech Metabolic Engineering) And Engineering Biology , King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, 1 day ago
The Bioengineering (BioE) Program in the Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering (BESE) Division at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) bridges the University’s...
Specialist For Cellular Glycoengineering And Inducible Gene Editing Dtu Bioengineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 19 days ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Specialist for Cellular Glycoengineering and Inducible Gene Editing - DTU Bioengineering Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark Be the First to Apply Job Descri...