Experimental Surgery Unit
VHIR offers a veterinary position for the Experimental Surgery Unit (ESU). ESU’s specialties are: preclinical animal models (pig, sheep and rabbit) for research and teaching purposes, anesthesia, analgesia and resuscitation protocols and pre and post-operative animal care and welfare. It offers integral preclinical imaging services (fluoroscopy, ultrasound), ethics committee assistance, has an ISO 9001:2015 quality management system certification and in process Certification AAALAC - Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care. More information about ESU services can be found in the VHIR webpage.
This vacancy is funded by the European Union-NextGenerationEU for a period of two years. The project establishes the following requirements in terms of the profile of the candidates:
- The candidate must be unemployed and registered as a job seeker (Sistema d’Ocupació de Catalunya) at the time of recruitment.
- The candidate must not have carried out any type of research activity at VHIR in the 6 months immediately prior to the start of the contract.
Education and qualifications:
- Degree in veterinary medicine.
- Deep knowledge of the regulation, law and ethical aspects related to the animal experimentation.
- Quality system management.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluid written and spoken Catalan, Spanish and English.
Experience and knowledge:
- Experience working with experimental animals (specifically rabbits, sheep and pigs).
- Experience in management of other species.
- Experience in experimental surgeries.
- Experience with research procedures or veterinary clinic.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Good team player.
- Proactive, rigorous, organized person able to work autonomously, committed to the tasks required by the position.
- Willing to learn, flexibility, adaptability and resilience.
- Hold the accreditations according the Ministerial Order ECC/566/2015, of 20th March and to Directive 2010/63/EU: d Function.
- Knowledge / experience working under a quality management systems/experience working under a quality management system (preferably ISO9001:2015, other quality systems will be also valued).
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Support activities arising from the implementation of AAALAC (Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care) accreditation at ESU.
- Daily monitoring of animal’s health.
- Protocols of pre-surgical conditions, anesthesia, analgesia and euthanasia for different animal models.
- Pre and postoperative animal care.
- Monitoring and improvement of animal welfare.
- Data collection, monitoring and analysis of results.
- Supervision and coordination of caretakers and technicians work.
- Veterinary advice and users support with the experimental procedures.
- Animal Facility environmental parameters supervision as well as the proper functioning of housing equipment.
- Work under quality management system ISO9001:2015 established as a standard in the ESU.
Other responsibilities will be:
- Attend the training activities required for the adequate performance of the assigned services;
- Carry out the general administrative and operational tasks required for the general operation of the ESU services, for example management of service requests, purchase and maintenance of stocks of drugs or consumables.
- Participate in teaching or educational activities of the Unit and VHIR.
- Full-time position: 40h/week.
- Starting date: immediate
- Gross annual salary: 24.968,33 €
- Contract: 2 years, linked to the funds of the project
What can we offer?
- Incorporation to Vall d’Hebron Research Institute (VHIR), a public sector institution that promotes and develops the biomedical research, innovation and teaching at Vall d'Hebron University Hospital (HUVH), the biggest hospital of Barcelona and the largest of Catalan Institute of Health (ICS).
- A scientific environment of excellence, highly dynamic, where high-end biomedical projects are continuously developed.
- Continuous learning and a wide range of responsibilities within a stimulating work environment.
- Personal training opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- 23 days of holidays + 9 personal days.
- Flexible Remuneration Program (including dining checks, health insurance, transportation and more).
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a full Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter with the reference “YO Investigo_ESU” to the following email address: email@example.com
Veterinary Associate I (Job Id: 44454), University of Louisville, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job ID: 44454 Location: undefined Minimum Qualifications Associate Degree in Veterinary Technology/Animal Health Technology. Licensed and Registered as a Veterinary Technician. Two years of relat...
Animal Care Trainee / I / Ii / Iii, Emory University, United States, 14 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Assistant Animal Care Technician , University of Otago, New Zealand, about 3 hours ago
Assistant Animal Care Technician -2201804 HEALTH SCIENCES DIVISION BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH FACILITIES • Are you looking for a varied and exciting career where no two days are the same? • Trainin...
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer In Veterinary Pathology, UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Full time Continuing position, located on the Camden Campus at the School of Veterinary Science Opportunity to teach, research and engage with the school ranked #2 in the Southern Hemisphere and #...
Sea1, Animal Science, United States, 1 day ago
Program ID:Cornell -Animal Science -SEA1 [#22639, WDR-00033298] Program Title: Senior Extension Associate - 4-H Youth LIvestock and Companion Animal Program, Department of Animal Science; Ithaca,...
Animal Facility Officer, UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Coordinate and oversee the animal facilities and ensure quality, efficient and effective services Full time, continuing (38 hours per week) Base Salary between $99,497 to $107,265 + 17% superannua...