9 Jun 2023
Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC)
- Research Field
Medical sciences » Cancer research
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
16 Jun 2023 - 12:00 (Europe/Madrid)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
IJC Campus ICO-GTIP (Badalona) is looking for a Research Technician with expertise in Immunological and Epigenetic Methods to join the Epigenetics and Immune Disease group led by Dr. Esteban Ballestar. The research technician would participate in the research project entitled “Entendiendo el papel de la Comunicación Celular en el Sistema Inmune en la Desregulación Epigenética en Inflamación” funded by Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación (AEI) (PID2020-117212RB-I00).
Please also visit our group webpage:
- Perform DNA methylation and expression analysis on primary immune cells.
- Isolate and analyze immune cells using flow cytometry and ELISA among other methods.
- Supervise the development and evolution of the experiments.
- Train other researchers and give technical support to collaborators of the group.
- Co-design the experimental plan along with the researchers of the group.
- Run (independently and as a team player) cell culture and flow cytometry assays.
- Process primary blood samples.
What we offer
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Young and dynamic environment.
- Collaborative project with opportunities for networking & continuous training.
- Ad hoc training for those skills that the candidate needs to acquire/improve.
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
What makes us different?
Our mission is to investigate the epidemiological, preventive, clinical, translational, and basic aspects of leukaemia and other hematologic malignancies through innovation to cure them.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is to be a world-class reference and excellent research multicampus that contributes to the improvement of results, and the cure of patients affected by leukemia and other malignant hemopathies, through innovation, sustainability, social responsibility, talent, and professional experience.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
This recognition reflects our commitment to continuously improving our human resources policies in line with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics
- Research Field
- Medical sciences » Cancer research
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Solid experience in immunological methods, including flow cytometry analysis and ELISA.
- Experience with epigenetic methods including DNA methylation analysis and ChIP assays
- Ability to design experiments and discuss them openly with other researchers in the group
- A good command of molecular biology/biochemistry is not mandatory but would be a plus.
- Team player, a very high standard of organization and communication is mandatory.
- Eager to learn and contribute to preclinical research in the field of autoimmune.
- Number of offers available
- IJC Can Ruti
Where to apply
Ctra de Can Ruti, Camí de les Escoles s/n
- Postal Code
Lab Technician In The Lab For Tumor Inflammation And Angiogenesis, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology (CCB) is one of the research departments of VIB within the University of Leuven, located on the University Hospital campus in Leuven. CCB hosts 13 resea...
Flow Cytometrist , Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, 10 days ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Ph.D. Candidate Host Microbiome Interactions In Multicellular Models Of Inflammatory Diseases , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 1 hour ago
Are you fascinated by host-microbiome interactions and excited by creating a state-of-the-art multi-cellular in vitro model for unraveling the crosstalk between gut microbiota, immune and neuronal...
Lab Technician, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 4 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? In the Brodin lab, the team performs state-of-the-art immunomonitoring analyses. The lab receives samples, mostly from blood, and prepare...
Associate Professor Of Medicine (Biochemistry), University of Oslo, Norway, about 23 hours ago
powered by: Cookie Information Nettsiden bruker cookies Vi ønsker at du skal være trygg når du bruker dette nettstedet. Vi benytter cookies for å sikre at du får en best mulig brukeropplevelse og ...
Junior Group Leader Positions In Synthetic Biology And Synthetic Genomics, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, about 1 hour ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is a core-funded interdisciplinary institute with strengths encompassing genomics, systems, computational, cell and molecular biology. Current...