The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 research groups, 7 technical development and support units and facilities, and 2 research platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: RESEARCH SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Research area or group: Nanostructured Functional Materials group
Description of Group
Nanostructured Functional Materials (Nanosfun) Group (www.nanosfun.com ) is a group of ICN2 and focuses its research on molecular materials at the nanoscale. The nanostructuration confere properties not possible otherwise. The group works in two main research lines: nanomaterials for biomedical applications (e.g. Parkinson treatment) and chromogenic and emissive materials for energy efficient devices. The group is also strongly active in technology transfer and R&D projects with private companies.
Description of research project
The project belongs to the project call Producte, funded by AGAUR 2021 PROD 00190 (Generalitat de Catalunya), in collaboration with UAB. It is about the development of new photo/thermo/electro-responsive responsive materials that turn from transparent to opaque upon external stimuli. These materials will be used in smart windows, to modulate the sunlight energy inside building
Tis contract is part of the project 2021 PROD 00190 under the framework of "Ajuts Industria del Coneixement. Producte" program with the support of the Department of Research and Universities from the Generalitat de Catalunya.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
The project involves these main areas:
- Preparation of photothermal nanoparticles
- Synthesis and optimization of solid lipid nanoparticles.
- Preparation of films.
- Development of electroheaters
- Scaling up processes for nanoparticles and films formation
- Characterization of morphological and optical properties of the materials obtained.
- Attendance of courses of entrepreneurship
The hired person will be mainly focused on
- Lab work to develop the project.
- Preparation of reports and presentations to show the latest results.
- attendance of courses of entrepreneurship.
- contact companies related to the smart windows sectors or materials manufacturing
- Master's degree in in Chemistry, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Materials science and similar.
- Experience in lab work and research, especially with the preparation and characterization of photothermal nanoparticles.
- Having filed one or more patents and/or created/worked in a spinoff company.
- Experience in entrepreneur activity in science-related topics.
- Having worked with emulsions and nanoparticles synthesis would also be helpful.
- Good spoken English would be appreciated as well.
- Good attitute in working in a team, motivation and ability to overcome scientific challenges.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: 16 months
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: December 2022
How to apply
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
Deadline for applications: 25 November 2022
Nanoparticle Synthesis For Drug Delivery, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 13 hours ago
(ref. BAP-2023-41) Laatst aangepast : 23/01/2023 This work will be carried out under the supervision of Prof. Simon Kuhn. The research group is specifically interested in Transport Processes and R...
Research Engineer Materials For Solid Oxide Cells, International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal, 14 days ago
Research Engineer - Materials for Solid Oxide Cells (Ref.01.23.01) Job Reference: Ref.01.23.01 Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) Location: Braga, Portugal Group/Unit:...
Doctoral Student In Physics Within Synthesis And Characterization Of Nanowire Based Solar Cells. (Pa2022/4106) , University of Lund, Sweden, 4 days ago
The PhD position is placed at the Division of Solid State Physics at the Department of Physics, where extensive research is carried out centred on various aspects of nanophysics, ranging from mate...
Research Engineer – Electronics For Automotive Mems Sensors, International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal, 14 days ago
Research Engineer –Electronicsforautomotive MEMSsensors (Ref.12.22.65) Job Reference:Ref.12.22.65 Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) Location: Braga, Portugal Group/Un...
Doctoral Student In Biomedical Engineering Specialising In Acoustics And Microfluidics (Pa2022/4253) , University of Lund, Sweden, 4 days ago
Project description Are you driven by a desire to explore fundamental physics and are you interested in its future applications in medical technology? Are you keen to build up your own experiments...
Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Environmental Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 15 days ago
Our new colleague will develop leading edge research in the field of microbiology of engineered ecosystems. Innovation is crucial to fulfil the potential of industrial biotechnology for sustainabl...