The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: RESEARCH SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Research area or group: Nanostructured Functional Materials Group
Description of Group/Project:
Nanostructured Functional Materials Group works with molecular materials at the nanoscale. The nanostructuration confere properties not possible otherwise. The group works in two main research lines: nanomaterials for biomedical applications (e.g. Parkinson treatment) and chromogenic and emissive materials for energy efficient devices. The group is also strongly active in technology transfer and R&D projects with private companies.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
Development of photohermal chromogenic materials. The project involves:
- optical study of the behaviour of halochromic dyes in phase change materials (PCMs) in the solid and liquid states,
- synthesis of solid lipid particles and capsules of the phase change materials/dye mixture,
- preparation and optical chacterization of impregnated cellulose papers with PCM/dye mixtures or their nanostructures,
- preparation and characterization of photothermal agents (e.g. gold nanoparticles) and integration in the PCM mixtures,
- Patterning of the materials and integration in the final device.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
· Education and professional experience:
- Degree in Chemistry or Nanoscience and Nanotechnology and/or experience in the preparation of organic and inorganic nanomaterials, in particular:
- in the synthesis of organic nanoparticles through emulsion methods,
- experience in steady-state and time resolved characterization of color changing materials,
- previous experience in the characterization of micro/nanomaterials with optical and electronic microscopy,
- ability to prepare power point presentations in Spanish and/or English
The project is in collaboration with another company, so a previous experience in working in technology institutes or for other companies will be highly evaluated.
- Good communication and writing skills in Spanish and English will be required.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Permanent
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: as soon as possible
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
Deadline for applications: 29th September 2022
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.
Doctoral Student In Inorganic Chemistry (Pa2023/227) , University of Lund, Sweden, 2 days ago
Subject description The subject covers third-cycle education in the areas of solid state chemistry and material chemistry. The research focuses on synthesis of new solid materials and studies of t...
Doctoral Student In Inorganic Chemistry With Focus On Synthesis Of Earth Abundant Semiconductors (Pa2023/196) , University of Lund, Sweden, 2 days ago
Subject description The subject inorganic chemistry covers third-cycle education in the areas of solid state chemistry and material chemistry. The research focuses on synthesis of new solid materi...
Research Engineer Materials For Solid Oxide Cells, International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), Portugal, 22 days ago
Research Engineer - Materials for Solid Oxide Cells (Ref.01.23.01) Job Reference: Ref.01.23.01 Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) Location: Braga, Portugal Group/Unit:...
Doctoral Student In Physics Within Synthesis And Characterization Of Nanowire Based Solar Cells. (Pa2022/4106) , University of Lund, Sweden, 2 days ago
The PhD position is placed at the Division of Solid State Physics at the Department of Physics, where extensive research is carried out centred on various aspects of nanophysics, ranging from mate...
Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Photonic Nanotechnology – Dtu…, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark, 2 days ago
DTU Tenure Track Assistant Professor in the Photonic Nanotechnology Group, DTU Electro, within the research field of nanoelectromechanical silicon photonics with particular emphasis on numerical m...
Im 2313 Data Driven Optimization Of Charged Particle Optics Internship, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST), Luxembourg, 4 days ago
Description Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the f...