LArcHer is an interdisciplinary research project led by ICREA Research Professor Inés Domingo. LArcHer project aims at pioneering a new and more comprehensive way of understanding one of Europe’s most extraordinary bodies of prehistoric art, awarded Unesco World Heritage status in 1998: Levantine rock art (LRA). The ground-breaking nature of the project relies on combining a multidisciplinary (Archaeology, Heritage Science and IT) and multiscale approach (from microanalysis to landscape perspectives) to gain a holistic view ofthis art. It also aims at closing existing gaps between science and heritage mainstreams, to better understand the values and threats affecting this tradition and bring about a change in the way we understand, care, use and manage this millenary legacy.
One of the key aims of this project, is to explore major changes in global rock art using Levantine rock art as a proxy. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of rock art from different parts of the world will be conducted to answer questions of interest to this project. This research will be developed in collaboration and in parallel to other members of the project.
Responsibilities and tasks within the project.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Develop a PhD thesis on rock art within the framework of the project and addressing the themes of interest to the project.
- Participation in field and laboratory work related to the project and the research topic (database maintenance, documentation of rock art, data analysis, and others as required)
- Data preparation for GIS as needed
- Management tasks for the project (max. 10% of time) including writing reports, when needed
Collaboration in the preparation of results to be presented in projects and publications.
FBG project number
Breaking barriers between Science and Heritage approaches to Levantine Rock Art through Archaeology, Heritage Science and IT
Inés Domingo Sanz
History and Archaeology
Gross salary per year
As per in the UB call:
- application according to the standard application form Annex II of the call for proposals (https://seu.ub.edu/ofertaPublicaCategoriaPublic/listPublicacionsAmbCategoria?categoria.id=280249 )
- Application letter explaining how the candidate fulfils the requirements requested in the call for applications, and a declaration of responsibility that each and every one of the details stated in the application and in the attached documentation are true (curriculum vitae and a copy of the academic transcript of the bachelor's and master's degree). At any time, the University may require any applicant to provide documentation accrediting the aspects declared as responsible).
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of academic transcripts
Send your application to:
The application and declaration of responsibility, together with the other required documents, must be submitted, within the period stipulated in base III.1 (up until January 28th 2022), to the registry of the University of Barcelona, using a generic application procedure available at https://www.ub.edu/eadministracio/ig.html .
For further information contact : email@example.com
Predoctoral research in Prehistoric Rock art
Job Starting Date
15 days after the selection process
Postdoc In Prehistoric Archaeology , University of Aarhus ;, Denmark, 8 days ago
The Department of Linguistics, Cognitive Science and Semiotics within the School of Communication and Culture at Aarhus University invites applications for a postdoctoral position in prehistoric a...
Postdoctoral Position In Community Heritage On St Croix, Usvi (Former Dansk Vestindien) , University of Aarhus ;, Denmark, 3 days ago
The Department of Archaeology and Heritage Studies, School of Culture and Society, Faculty of Arts, Aarhus University, invites applications for an 18 month fixed-term postdoctoral position in the ...
Postdoc Position In The Field Of Archaeology / Classical Archaeology, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Department: Department of Archaeology and Museology – Faculty of Arts Deadline: 17 May 2022 Start date: June 1, 2022 Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research Masaryk University, Brno, ...
Two Postdoctoral Research Fellowships In Medieval Studies, University of Oslo, Norway, about 6 hours ago
Two Doctoral Research Fellowships In Medieval History, University of Oslo, Norway, about 6 hours ago
Research Assistant Professor / Post Doctoral Fellow, THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: Hong Kong Institute for the Humanities and Social Sciences (45400) Categories: Academic-related Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Research Assistan...