LArcHer is an interdisciplinary research project led by ICREA Research Professor Inés Domingo. LArcHer project aims at pioneering a new and more comprehensive way of understanding one of Europe’s most extraordinary bodies of prehistoric art, awarded Unesco World Heritage status in 1998: Levantine rock art (LRA). The ground-breaking nature of the project relies on combining a multidisciplinary (Archaeology, Heritage Science and IT) and multiscale approach (from microanalysis to landscape perspectives) to gain a holistic view of this art. It also aims at closing existing gaps between science and heritage mainstreams, to better understand the values and threats affecting this tradition and bring about a change in the way we understand, care, use and manage this millenary legacy. One of the key aims of this project, extremely related to this position, is to develop new research agendas to set off complementary goals between science and heritage and define best practices for open air rock art conservation and management.
Responsibilities and tasks within the project: the successful applicant will be expected to:
- To develop leadership in research on the multiple facets of rock art conservation (exploring pathologies, practices and impacts)
- Asses the evolution and impact of previous restauration techniques in Levantine rock art sites
- Test and predict the behavior and stability of the materials and pigments used so far in rock art conservation
- Test conservation treatments in the natural context
- Collaborate in developing standardized processes and best practices for rock art conservation and management
- Collaborate in developing guidelines for rock art monitoring
- Contribute to strategic planning to develop public awareness-raising activities in preserving, promoting and protecting prehistoric rock art
- Explore the potential of state of the art digital technologies to assist in rock art conservation
- Management tasks for LArcHer project (max. 10% of the time) including drafting applications for permits and formal reports, among others).
- Prepare and present results in international and national conferences and publications.
Other duties as required.
FBG project number
Breaking barriers between Science and Heritage approaches to Levantine Rock Art through Archaeology, Heritage Science and IT
Inés Domingo Sanz
History and Archaeology
Gross salary per year
- Application letter describing previous experience in the field (rock art conservation and restoration),
- Curriculum vitae, etc.
- 2 reference letters
Send your application to:
Job Application – PD2. Rock Art Conservation and Restoration.
Type of contract
Temporary (4’5 years, depending on the outcomes of the annual performance reviews)
Postdoc Position: Long Term Behaviour Of Metastable Rock Slopes In Hydropower Systems , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 39 minutes ago
100%, Zurich, temporary The Chair of Engineering Geology invites applications for a postdoc position in the area of rock slope stability. This postdoc position can be filled by the successful cand...
Postdoc Position: Long Term Behaviour Of Metastable Rock Slopes In Hydropower Systems, ETH, Switzerland, 12 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: Post Doc Position / Senior Scientist 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Geo Sciences Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region ...
Postdoc Or Research Assistant Within The Area Of Rock Mechanics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 12 days ago
The Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Centre (Centre for Oil and Gas – DTU), Technical University of Denmark (DTU), invites applicants for a position on investigations within the area of ...
Postdoc Measuring Oil And Gas Emissions From Space (Ci Tg19.61), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
Postdoc Measuring Oil and Gas Emissions from Space Department/faculty: Faculty Civil Engineering and Geosciences Level: Doctorate Working hours: 36-40 hours weekly Contract: 1 year with possible e...
Associate Director, Gente Environmental Stewardship Jobs Program, Drexel University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Associate Director, GENTE Environmental Stewardship Jobs Program Apply now Job no: 494321 Work type: Full-Time Location: University City, Other - See posting for details Categories: College of Art...
Research Associate, Petroleum Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Location AE Organization Name Petroleum Engineering About University The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science ...