LArcHer is an interdisciplinary research project led by ICREA Research Professor Inés Domingo. LArcHer project aims at pioneering a new and more comprehensive way of understanding one of Europe’s most extraordinary bodies of prehistoric art, awarded Unesco World Heritage status in 1998: Levantine rock art (LRA). The ground-breaking nature of the project relies on combining a multidisciplinary (Archaeology, Heritage Science and IT) and multiscale approach (from microanalysis to landscape perspectives) to gain a holistic view of this art. It also aims at closing existing gaps between science and heritage mainstreams, to better understand the values and threats affecting this tradition and bring about a change in the way we understand, care, use and manage this millenary legacy. One of the key aims of this project, extremely related to this position, is to develop new research agendas to set off complementary goals between science and heritage and define best practices for open air rock art conservation and management.
Responsibilities and tasks within the project: the successful applicant will be expected to:
- To develop leadership in research on the multiple facets of rock art conservation (exploring pathologies, practices and impacts)
- Asses the evolution and impact of previous restauration techniques in Levantine rock art sites
- Test and predict the behavior and stability of the materials and pigments used so far in rock art conservation
- Test conservation treatments in the natural context
- Collaborate in developing standardized processes and best practices for rock art conservation and management
- Collaborate in developing guidelines for rock art monitoring
- Contribute to strategic planning to develop public awareness-raising activities in preserving, promoting and protecting prehistoric rock art
- Explore the potential of state of the art digital technologies to assist in rock art conservation
- Management tasks for LArcHer project (max. 10% of the time) including drafting applications for permits and formal reports, among others).
- Prepare and present results in international and national conferences and publications.
Other duties as required.
FBG project number
Breaking barriers between Science and Heritage approaches to Levantine Rock Art through Archaeology, Heritage Science and IT
Inés Domingo Sanz
History and Archaeology
Gross salary per year
- Application letter describing previous experience in the field (rock art conservation and restoration),
- Curriculum vitae, etc.
- 2 reference letters
Send your application to:
Job Application – PD2. Rock Art Conservation and Restoration.
Type of contract
Temporary (4’5 years, depending on the outcomes of the annual performance reviews)
Fellowships (M/F/D) Research And Fellowship Program "4 A Lab", Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florenz - Max Planck Institute, Berlin, Germany, Germany, about 2 hours ago
Job Code: Job Offer from December 13, 2019 Call for Applications 4A Lab: Art Histories, Archaeologies, Anthropologies, Aesthetics 2020/2021: Plants II The Berlin-based research and fellowship prog...
Postdoc In The Impact Of Chemical Weathering On The Luminescence Of Quartz And Feldspar Minerals, ETH, Switzerland, 5 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: Post Doc Position / Senior Scientist 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Academic Research / Teaching Salary CHF 0 / Entry date ...
Snf Postdoctoral Position In East And Central Asian Archaeology, Art History Or Paleozoology/ Botany , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 3 hours ago
Institute of Asian and Oriental Studies, Chinese Studies SNF postdoctoral position in East and Central Asian archaeology, art history or paleozoology/-botany 100 % The Traditional China Chair at t...
Snf Doctoral Position In The Linguistics Of Early Sino Iranian Contacts , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 3 hours ago
Institute of Asian and Oriental Studies, Chinese Studies SNF Doctoral position in the linguistics of early Sino-Iranian contacts 60 % The Traditional China Chair at the Institute of Asian and Orie...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Paleotranscriptomics, Stockholm University, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
at the Department of Molecular Biosciences, The Wenner-Gren Institute . Closing date: 31 January 2020. The interdisciplinary post doctorate position is shared between the groups of professor Love ...
Collections Assistant, University of Toronto, Canada, 11 days ago
Job Description: Brown University’s Haffenreffer Museum of Anthropology is accepting applications for two full-time, grant-funded Collection Assistant positions. The Collection Assistants will pro...