The Faculty of Mathematics & Informatics at the University of Barcelona invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher in Cognitive / Computational Neuroscience, to participate in a European Project aimed at the theoretical formalization of the neural dynamics of reward for decision-making. The project involves a European consortium of universities and research institutions (Pompeu Fabra University, CNRS, University of Leuven, La Sapienza University), within the Human Brain Project.
We seek a strongly motivated candidate to develop neural and behavioural data analyses and computational models with a focus on system-level, large ensemble neuronal dynamics. Candidates are expected to combine multi-electrode, multi-area neurophysiological data analyses, with sophisticated computational modelling of brain function, or alternatively, will use predominantly computational approaches to study how biologically realistic large-scale and recurrent neural network models simulate behavioural-level phenomena.
The Department of Mathematics & Informatics at the University of Barcelona offers a stimulating scientific environment, state of the art laboratory space and exceptional computational facilities (http://mat.ub.edu ). Barcelona is a vibrant cultural city, which offers a rich academic environment, with five major universities. Barcelona also hosts an active and dynamic community of systems and computational neuroscience (https://barccsyn.org/ ). The candidates will have outstanding opportunities to interact and collaborate with other scientists at the University of Barcelona (http://www.ub.edu/cvub/) and the Pompeu Fabra University (https://www.upf.edu/web/tcn/ ). The University of Barcelona offers a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits.
- The appointed candidate will be expected to carry out outstanding research, be proficient in the analysis of neural data, construct computational models, write scientific manuscripts and present at conferences.
- The candidate will collaborate closely with researchers in the group at the Faculty of Mathematics & Informatics, University of Barcelona, and at the Center for Brain & Cognition at the Pompeu Fabra University.
- The working language is English. The University organizes courses to facilitate the study of the local languages.
- The candidate needs to hold a PhD in computational neuroscience (or equivalent) and demonstrate significant research experience. She/he needs to show an exceptional track record in the field, including decision-making, neuro-physiological studies and computational approaches to the study of neural networks and the modelling of behaviour.
- We will prioritize candidates with a solid research track record and excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- The ability and interest of the candidate to work in a multidisciplinary team (mathematicians, biologists, engineers, bio-informaticians and clinicians) is mandatory.
- Financial support is provided by the European Commission in the context of the Human Brain Project.
Acronym & Agreement Nº
COREDEM, HBP SGA3 Grant Agreement ID: 945539
FBG project number
HBP CEoI for SGA3 – Data and models for studying the neural basis of cognition – Proposal Template
Mathematics & Informatics
Gross salary per year
Motivation Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Two Reference Letters.
Send your application to:
Postdoctoral Researcher (Molecular Modelling Of Electrochemical Interfaces), ICN2, Spain, about 3 hours ago
Postdoctoral Researcher (Molecular Modelling of Electrochemical Interfaces), Spain Barcelona Based at RMIT Europe and ICN2 (Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology), Barcelona, Spain T...
Post Doc (M/F/D) Group ‘Distributed Neural Dynamics And Control’ , Universitätsmedizin Göttingen, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The European Neuroscience Institute in Göttingen (ENI-G) Germany announces positions for ENI-G is engaged in a wide range of neuroscience research, including molecular and cellular as well as syst...
Postdoctoral Position At The Research Group Biosensors For Bioengineering , Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), Luxembourg, about 13 hours ago
Application Deadline: 08/11/2020 Ref: PD-JR The Biosensors for bioengineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher Read more...
Senior Postdoctoral At The Research Group Biomimetic Systems For Cell Engineering , Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), Luxembourg, about 13 hours ago
Application Deadline: 01/11/2020 Ref: SR-EM The The Biomimetic Systems for cell engineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) Group is looking for a Senior Postdocto...
Research Fellow, Lee Kong Chian School Of Medicine, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for: Postdoctoral Fellow in the Laboratory of Nanyang Assistant Professor Hiroshi MAKINO We are recruiting highly motivated postdoctoral fell...
Postdoctoral Researcher Phononic And Photonic Nanostructures Group, ICN2, Spain, about 3 hours ago
The Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2), located in Barcelona, Spain, is a non-profit research institute created in 2003 to foster cutting-edge research in nanoscience and n...