Created in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) and the University of Barcelona, IRB Barcelona is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence—a seal that was awarded in 2011.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 28 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
IRB Barcelona is an international centre that hosts 400 members and 30 nationalities. It is located in the Barcelona Science Park. IRB Barcelona forms part of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and the “Xarxa de Centres de Recerca de Catalunya” (CERCA).
IRB Barcelona is seeking Postdoctoral fellows to join the Quantitative Stem Cell Dynamics lab (www.fraticellilab.com ) as part of the project MemOriStem, “Origins and Consequences of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Memories” in the Horizon Europe Program of the European Research Council (ERC). Agreement ref.: 101042992.
The Quantitative Stem Cell Dynamics lab focuses on understanding stem cell heterogeneity and applying this knowledge for the betterment of human health. The lab has been recently awarded an ERC Starting Grant, MemOriStem, to study causes and consequences of stem cell memory.
The selected candidates will develop cutting edge genetic mouse models and apply these tools to study stem cell heterogeneity in regeneration and aging through implementation of single-cell genomics technologies.
The project consists of several aims that will be divided among the two available positions.
The tasks require advanced knowledge of molecular biology, genetics and epigenetics, cell culture, animal experiments and flow cytometry, as well as advanced statistical analysis of data outputs.
Ideal candidates will have a strong theoretical background in stem cell biology, hematopoiesis, epigenetics and immunology.
Single-cell genomics experience would be a huge plus but it is not required. Experience in computational biology will also be considered positively, but is not absolutely required.
The candidates must be capable of communicating effectively in verbal and written English, and they should have excellent organizational skills. The candidates should also have the willingness to mentor and collaborate with other researchers in the group (in English), and the ability to multitask across various duties within this project.
Applications from underrepresented minorities is particularly encouraged.
- Leading a cutting-edge research project with independence
- Performing experiments and data analysis
- Supervising and mentoring of junior trainees
- Writing research manuscripts, preparing posters and presentations
- Attending lab-organized and institutional activities
- Managing and storing data
Must Have – Required
- Motivation to work in an international environment within a cutting-edge research project
- Knowledge in stem cell biology, developmental biology, hematology and/or immunology
- Experience: Molecular biology techniques (PCR, DNA/RNA work), Cell culture, Flow Cytometry.
- Skills: Statistical data analysis, Presentation of posters and slides
- Languages: Capacity to communicate in English (written and verbal)
Desirable (but not required)
- Knowledge: Epigenetics, single-cell biology, hematopoiesis and immunology
- Experience: Library preparation, Lentiviral production, CRISPR screening, Genomics, Next-gen sequencing, Lab management software.
- Skills: Programming and Scripting, advanced biostatistical analysis, Data management, Database organization
- Languages: Full fluency in English would be optimal.
Applications for the above opening should include Full CV, Motivation Letter and contact information for at least 2 referees and should apply on https://recruitment.irbbarcelona.org/ , Reference: PD/22/13
- Deadline for applications: 30/08/2022
If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended.
- Number of positions available: 2
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience with mouse work.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job Offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
Postdoc Position In Myogenic Differentiation Of Human Pluripotent Stem Cells In, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 1 day ago
(ref. BAP-2022-674) Laatst aangepast : 3/10/2022 The Yilmaz laboratory has an overarching aim of enhancing the regenerative capacity of human skeletal muscle and finding treatments for a vast arra...
Hi Wi/Student Researcher In Bioinformatics (Single Cell Genomics) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 1 day ago
14.09.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal Single cell genomics is revolutionizing biology and medicine. Rapid technological advances now allow the profiling of genomes, transcriptomes and epigenomes...
3 Year Post Doctoral Researcher Position In Plant Regeneration, VIB, Belgium, about 6 hours ago
Job Description Plants possess an unparalleled regeneration capacity, allowing them to survive severe stress conditions such as injury, herbivory attack, and dramatic weather conditions. Previousl...
Postdoctoral Researcher Gene And Cell Therapy , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Institute for Regenerative Medicine - IREM Postdoctoral Researcher - Gene and Cell Therapy 100 % The Institute for Regenerative Medicine (IREM) is a research institute of the University of Zurich l...
Research Assistant Position In Stem Cells And Erythropoiesis In Mds, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 18 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? We are recruiting a research assistant to provide support to the Hellström-Lindberg group . The group research focus is on cellular and m...
Research Assistant, McGill University, Canada, 6 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...