The Computational Biology Group at CIC bioGUNE seeks a highly skilled and motivated postdoctoral researcher to work on an exciting project that aims at developing single-cell based computational models for studying tissue regeneration. In particular, the selected candidate shall develop multiscale computational models of intra- and intercellular regulation and communication to design strategies for cell rejuvenation. The research will be focused on the skeletal muscle with the principal aim of designing strategies for enhancing regeneration in the aging muscle tissue. The project is conducted in close collaboration with Dr Pura Munoz at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, who will also conduct the experimental validation of the computational predictions.
The Computational Biology Group aims to establish a solid infrastructure in developing theoretical frameworks for computational modeling of biomedical problems, especially in the area of network biology. The group closely collaborates with leading national and international experimental labs with a particular interest in stem cell research and regenerative medicine.
Essential skills and qualities:
- Ph.D. degree in computer science, biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, physics or a related discipline
- Strong computational skills in at least one programming language (e.g. R or Python)
- A strong publication record in related fields
- Excellent communication skills and working knowledge in English
- Prior experience in computational systems biology
- Prior knowledge about intra- and intercellular regulation, such as cell-cell communication, signalling pathways and transcriptional regulation
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary research environment
- Opportunity to do highly interdisciplinary research to solve complex biomedical problems within a dynamic research institution (CIC bioGUNE) and in collaboration with an internationally recognized partner
- An exciting international environment
Applications should contain the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A cover letter
Applications should be sent before 30.09.21 to:
Prof. Dr. Antonio del Sol
Postdoc In Single Cell Biology, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 4 hours ago
The “Chromatin Biochemistry” laboratory of Prof. Wolfgang Fischle at KAUST invites applications for a Postdoc position in “Single Cell Analysis of Metabolome-Epigenome Interplay”. Our research tea...
Biology Dept. Ta Positions, McGill University, Canada, 14 days ago
*Please note that, depending on current circumstances related to the pandemic, some Teaching Assistant tasks may be performed remotely or in person. Hiring Unit: Biology Department Course Title an...
Research Fellow, Cancer Science Institute, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Job Description A postdoctoral position is available immediately in Prof. Yoshiaki Ito’s lab. The successful candidate will study one of the following on-going projects. Characterization of two ty...
Technical Assistant In Facs Facility, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Germany, about 2 hours ago
We are searching for an Technical Assistant in the Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorting (‘FACS’) scientific core facility (m/f/d) MPI-CBG is an institute of the renowned Max Planck Society conducti...
Doctoral Researcher (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 22 hours ago
The Leibniz Center for Photonics in Infection Research (LPI, www.lpi-jena.de ) is a project of the National Roadmap for Research Infrastructures of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (...
Engineering Post Doctoral Position To Advance Single Organoid Analysis , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 22 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term This project is pa...