IRB Barcelona is seeking an entry-level Bioinformatician to join the newly established Quantitative Stem Cell Dynamics lab. The lab focuses on developing cutting edge biotechnology to study stem cells in regeneration, aging and cancer.
We are currently launching multiple exciting projects involving lineage tracing and CRISPR-based perturbation of blood and immune cells, and we use single-cell sequencing technologies as our most important readout.
In brief, the position involves preparing and submitting samples for single-cell sequencing, managing storage and upload of sequencing data, writing and curating computer scripts, performing bioinformatics and statistical data analysis, and cooperating with various other researchers in project design, project execution, and production of figures and manuscripts.
The perfect candidate will have a dynamic and flexible personality, capacity to collaborate with multiple other researchers in the group (a good knowledge of English is absolutely required), and ability to multitask across various projects and duties.
- Writing, updating and maintaining lab scripts
- Managing and storing lab sequencing data
- Running single-cell and bulk-level sequencing data analysis
- Creating figures and helping in preparation of manuscripts
- Participate in lab meetings and group activities
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Motivation to work in an international environment within a cutting-edge research project
- Knowledge: Computational biology, Programming, Biostatistics.
- Skills: Bash scripting, R/Python programming, Data management, Statistical analysis.
- Experience: Single-cell sequence data analysis, bulk DNA/RNA sequence analysis
- Languages: Fluency in English (at least scientific, programming level) is essential
- Knowledge: Stem-cell biology, Immunology, Developmental biology, Mathematical modelling.
- Experience: International experience in computational biology groups.
- Skills: Manuscript figure preparation, manuscript writing, Java and Web-tools.
- Languages: Full fluency in English would be optimal.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious, diverse and inclusive international research institution and to become a member of the Quantitative Stem Cell Dynamics Lab.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Applications for the above opening should include Full CV and Motivation Letter and should apply on https://recruitment.irbbarcelona.org/ , Reference: LAB/21/16
- Deadline for applications: 30/09/2021
If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended.
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter, experience.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Job Offer: Will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
For more information please visit our website at: www.irbbarcelona.org
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org ‘
Senior Research Specialist (Stem Cell Therapy And Corneal Tissue Engineering Lab) – Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences (Job Id #155007), University of Illinois, United States, about 12 hours ago
The Stem Cell Therapy and Corneal Tissue Engineering Lab is looking for two Senior Research Specialist to join their team. The University of Illinois College of Medicine have two lab technician po...
Laboratory Technician Stem Cell Diabetes Laboratory, University of Alberta, Canada, about 16 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Technician To Support The Vib Single Cell Core @ Campus Technologiepark Zwijnaarde, VIB, Belgium, about 9 hours ago
About the Single Cell Core VIB is widely recognized as an established and world-leading knowledge center in life sciences and biotechnology with an excellent reputation in technology transfer. The...
Single Cell Genomics – Computational Biologist, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, about 12 hours ago
The Institute The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiat...
Research Technician To Work On Neuronal Development, VIB, Belgium, about 9 hours ago
Job description The Laboratory of Interneuron Developmental Dynamics (headed by professor Lynette Lim) is part of the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research and is located on Campus Ga...
Laboratory Technician , University of Basel, Switzerland, 23 days ago
Your position The candidate will have the opportunity to apply and optimize cutting-edge molecular methods, in particular those for the generation of 3D in vitro models that adequately recapitulat...