Job position: 2021PILEUA220 Research technician
Tasks to be developed
Extension of the Geospatial User Feedback model (GUF, OGC). Implementation of the extension to server and client NiMMbus, Creation of best practices documents on the description of metadata and Measures of quality adapted to the climatic bases in GEOSS, of agreement with Recommendations of ClimateADAPT, ISO 19157 and INSPIRE.
Job position requirements (skills/languages/required experience)
• FP1, FP2 or equivalent qualification. Master in GIS, Remote Sensing or equivalent is assessable (valuable master's degree in another discipline if complemented by work experience in GIS and Remote Sensing)
• Enough oral (teleconferences participation) and writing (scientific papers writing) English level
• Proven experience in desktop applications and web applications development related to geographical information metadata and web services.
• Experience in climatic conditions and activities related to the SDGs will be valued.
• Extensive knowledge of metadata for Geographic Information, Both at the theoretical and implementation level, with special interest in quality metadata.
• Extensive knowledge of Standards for Geographic Information web services, both at a theoretical and implementation level.
• Research experience supporting previous competitive projects.
• Availability for traveling abroad (when pandemic permits)
Benefits: 28.131,36€ added to the Plus Campus corresponding amount and other salary supplements that may correspond. (Gross annual)
• Academic record - 30: MSc degree in the specialty 30, generic MSc degree 25, BSc Degree 20, FP1, FP2 or equivalent qualification 15
• Languages - 30: English B2 30, English B1 15
• Work experience - 40: > 4 years 40, 2-4 years 30, <2 years 20. Knowledge and experience in geographic information metadata and geospatial web services, as well as Knowledge and experience in desktop and web services applications development in the same context will be assessable.
A single curricular phase and if necessary, a second phase of interview, unless the court proposes other actions, tests and / or interviews to be conducted, in application of the agreement of February 1, 2019
Junior Gi Data Expert, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 13 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-812) Laatst aangepast : 23/11/2021 The Spatial Applications Division Leuven (SADL) is an R&D-Division of KU Leuven. SADL was created with the aim to bundle the applied research, th...
Environmental Assessment Analyst, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 9 days ago
This position is linked to SITES, which is a national infrastructure for ecosystem research that facilitates long-term, world-class field based ecosystem research by offering a unique infrastructu...
Gis Analyst – Vandenberg Sfb, Lompoc, Ca, CEMML, Colorado State University, United States, 17 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyCEMML, Colorado State UniversityLocationVandenberg SFB, Lompoc, CAJob CategoryGIS & ComputingSalary$60,000 -...
Head Of The Digital Research And Information Infrastructures Department (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 7 days ago
The Herder Institute for Historical Research on East Central Europe (Institute of the Leibniz Association) is seeking to fill the following post at the earliest possible opportunity: Head of the D...
Program Director, Geospatial Research Support (11630), American University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Summary/Objective The Program Director of Geospatial Research Support provides expertise on the development and application of geospatial analysis processes, protocols, and solutions for American ...
Assistant Professor, Department Of Russian Language And Teaching Methods, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Department: Department of Russian Language and Teaching Methods Faculty: Philological Faculty Employment: Full-time (1) Requirements to the candidate Required knowledge: theory and methods of educ...