Category: Advising and Enrollment
Location: Camp Humphreys-Korea, South
Requisition ID: 10005965
Camp Humphreys Education Centers, South Korea
Overseas Regular, 100%-Time, Grade 003
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) Asia seeks an Academic Advisor. The Academic Advisor reports to the Associate Director of Academic Advising. The Academic Advisor reports to the Associate Director of Academic Advising. Required duties/activities to be accomplished by the Academic Advisor are listed below:
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Evaluate students’ prior learning experience from both traditional and non-traditional sources to provide guidance to students pursuing UMUC certificate and degree programs
- Prepare tentative evaluations based upon students' specific degree goals and provide general advising and curriculum planning to UMUC students
- Communicate with students on a daily basis by telephone, email, and in person at their local UMUC education centers
- Participate in outreach events and assist with marketing
- Assist students with registration and actively work with the site staff to improve processes and increase enrollments
- Relay academic policies and procedures in simple and accurate terms to students and education center personnel
- Produce accurate work under pressure
- Understand the needs of the non-traditional adult students
- Be able to synthesize detailed information from various sources
- Display an independent, cooperative, and professional attitude when interacting with internal and external clients
- Travel may be required based on Regional needs
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree
- The ideal candidate must possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and a high level of analytical thinking for identifying and improving complex work projects
- Experience with customer service, counseling/advising, military students or higher education
- Successful applicants must be able to pass a background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS)
- Travel to other UMUC education centers in the surrounding areas is required; therefore, the candidate must be eligible to obtain a USAREUR/South Korea driver's license
- Work on nights and weekends may be required
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree
- Experience with PeopleSoft, GoArmyEd and SalesForce
- Proficient knowledge of computers including MS Office, Google Online Services, and other computer-based resources to include the Internet
- Previous academic advising or higher education experience
WHO MAY APPLY: Applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) preferred. Applicant must qualify for ILS. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html .
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.
Self Help Camp Needles In The Pines Counselors, East Carolina University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Advertising Department PEDS-ENDOCRINOLOGY Academic Term/Year Summer - 2019 Position Title Self Help - Camp Needles in the Pines Counselors Posting Number 0150...
Temporary Non Exempt Staff, Summer Camp 2019 Instructor, University of Houston - Downtown, United States, 3 days ago
Temporary Non-Exempt Staff, Summer Camp 2019 Instructor - (STA004584) Summer Camp 2019 Instructor Department Name:D0028 Applied Business & Technology Description Note: Instructors will teach Summe...
2019 Summer Federal Work Study/Community Service (Off Campus) Third Street Education Center Summer Camp Counselors, East Carolina University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Advertising Department OFF CAMPUS STUDENT EMPLOYER Academic Term/Year Summer - 2019 Position Title 2019 Summer Federal Work Study/Community Service (Off-Campu...
Academic Success Specialist, Leaders Academy, Arizona State University, United States, 14 days ago
51614BR Campus: Tempe Academic Success Specialist Job Description The W. P. Carey Leaders Academy in Undergraduate Programs is looking for an enthusiastic, service-oriented and engaged Academic Su...
Director Sports Operations, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 20 days ago
Director - Sports Operations( Job Number: 0179272) Description Job Purpose: Within an assigned sport; provide recruiting and organizational expertise; direct logistical, operational, and administ...
Temporary Assistant Campus Director Futenma, Campus, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, United States, 5 days ago
Temporary Assistant Campus Director - Futenma, Campus - (190312) Description Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University announces an exciting opportunity at the Worldwide Futenma, Japan campus. The Tem...