Category: Advising and Enrollment
Location: Camp Humphreys-Korea, South
Requisition ID: 10005965
Camp Humphreys Education Centers, South Korea
Overseas Regular, 100%-Time, Grade 003
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) Asia seeks an Academic Advisor. The Academic Advisor reports to the Associate Director of Academic Advising. The Academic Advisor reports to the Associate Director of Academic Advising. Required duties/activities to be accomplished by the Academic Advisor are listed below:
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Evaluate students’ prior learning experience from both traditional and non-traditional sources to provide guidance to students pursuing UMUC certificate and degree programs
- Prepare tentative evaluations based upon students' specific degree goals and provide general advising and curriculum planning to UMUC students
- Communicate with students on a daily basis by telephone, email, and in person at their local UMUC education centers
- Participate in outreach events and assist with marketing
- Assist students with registration and actively work with the site staff to improve processes and increase enrollments
- Relay academic policies and procedures in simple and accurate terms to students and education center personnel
- Produce accurate work under pressure
- Understand the needs of the non-traditional adult students
- Be able to synthesize detailed information from various sources
- Display an independent, cooperative, and professional attitude when interacting with internal and external clients
- Travel may be required based on Regional needs
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree
- The ideal candidate must possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and a high level of analytical thinking for identifying and improving complex work projects
- Experience with customer service, counseling/advising, military students or higher education
- Successful applicants must be able to pass a background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS)
- Travel to other UMUC education centers in the surrounding areas is required; therefore, the candidate must be eligible to obtain a USAREUR/South Korea driver's license
- Work on nights and weekends may be required
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree
- Experience with PeopleSoft, GoArmyEd and SalesForce
- Proficient knowledge of computers including MS Office, Google Online Services, and other computer-based resources to include the Internet
- Previous academic advising or higher education experience
WHO MAY APPLY: Applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) preferred. Applicant must qualify for ILS. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html .
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.
Upward Bound Academic Coordinator, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 15 hours ago
Posting Details Position Details Employee Type CS-Classified Staff University Title Program Specialist 2 Working Title Upward Bound Academic Coordinator College/Area WSU Spokane Department WSUS St...
Coordinator Of Football Operations, University of North Texas, United States, about 5 hours ago
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Coordinator of Football Operations to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited t...
Assistant Director, Veterans Office – Division Of Student Affairs, Georgetown University, United States, 1 day ago
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitmen...
Day Camp Counselor, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 16 hours ago
Skip to Main Content Toggle navigation Home Search Jobs Create Account Log In Help Benefits Campus map About Pitt Connect with Us Day Camp Counselor Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply...
Education Coordinator, American Public University System, United States, about 5 hours ago
Requisition Number 18-0086 Post Date 7/11/2018 Title Education Coordinator Location Remote / Online Company APUS Description Please scroll all the way down and click "Apply On-Line" to apply ...
Lecturer Ma In Physical Education, Coach In Basketball, Mountain Kayaking And Athletics, With..., State University of Applied Sciences in Nowy Sacz, Poland, 1 day ago
In the case of a foreign candidate, a sufficient knowledge of the Polish language is required for conducting the didactic classes. Responsibilities: - realization of didactic classes at a minimum ...