20 Sep 2023
Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass at the Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín
- Research Field
Chemistry » Inorganic chemistry
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
22 Sep 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Bratislava)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- Offer Starting Date
1 Oct 2023
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
There is immediate opening for position of postdoctoral research associate in the established Centre for functional and surface functionalized glasses at the Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, Slovakia, funded from the H2020 framework program project. The appointment is for at least two years with possible extension of the contract dependent upon research progress and quality of the scientific outputs. Position is open immediately upon completion of recruitment process and later start is negotiable. Salary will be commensurate with experience, training, and qualifications, in line with the rules of the European Commission on personal costs in the frame of the H2020 projects.
- Research Field
- Chemistry » Inorganic chemistry
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. (doctoral degree) in Chemistry, Material Science and Engineering; Ph.D. title already awarded or expected before the contract of employment.
- Specialization: Chemistry, Material Science, Materials Engineering, Inorganic non-metallic materials.
- Experience in glass science, including synthesis, processing, development, and characterization of inorganic materials.
- Excellent manufacturing experience in Additive Manufacturing Technology-3D printings (FDM, SLA, DIW, Binder Jetting), CAD software, design and development of novel glass, glass-ceramics, and alkaline activated materials in 3D structures for various applications (light-weight material, building sector, recycling/upcycling, wastewater treatment and etc…).
- Excellent English written and communication skills.
The position involves:
- Fundamental and applied research in the glass processing/geopolymers, preparation/development, and characterization, in line with the areas of research defined in the project application,
- Active searching for research funding for the research programs pursued in the centre,
- Research collaboration with industrial partners, and academic institutions,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment,
- Publish research results and give presentations at scientific meetings,
- Written and oral communication, preparation and management of research proposals, research papers, and scientific reports, analysis, and investigation of scientific problems.
Interested and qualified persons should submit (in English):
- Professional CV,
- A copy of Ph.D. certificate,
- A list of publications and research projects,
- A letter describing background and specific experience and capabilities pertaining to research activities,
- Copies of three first author recent publications,
- The name, address, and e-mail address of at least one reference.
Application with required documents should be sent to the address: Alexander Dubček University of Trenčín, OPaM, Študentská 2, 911 50 Trenčín, Slovakia or by e-mail to: email@example.com until 22nd September 2023. Please, mark the envelope by “Funglass”. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
- Number of offers available
- Centre for Functional and Surface Functionalized Glass
- Postal Code
- 911 01
- Študentská 2
Where to apply
- Postal Code
Postdoc In Self Healing Glasses(2023 224 05601), Aalborg University, Denmark, 15 days ago
A Postdoc position is available to explore the possibility to design and synthesize self-healing glasses. The low practical strength of oxide glass materials remains to be a major disadvantage. It...
Postdoc In Inverse Materials Design(2023 224 05590), Aalborg University, Denmark, 15 days ago
A Postdoc position is available to harness the power of new machine learning(ML) methods to help design new glass-ceramic materials. Glass-ceramics offer superior mechanical properties, but new ma...
Post Doctoral Position Within Cellulose Conversions In The Na Oh(Aq)/Co2 System, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 1 day ago
We are looking for a driven postdoctoral researcher who will join the multidisciplinary team of Forest products and chemical engineering at Chalmers and work on understanding some intriguing funda...
Research Assistant Supramolecular Nanochemistry And Materials Group (Nanoup), ICN2, Spain, about 23 hours ago
The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its rese...
Research Fellow (Chiral Polymers With Complex Architectures For Energy Conversion And Storage), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
Job Description Chiral molecules synthesis Conjugated polymers synthesis Chiral conjugated polymers design and synthesis Investigation into dimension- and chirality-dependent materials properties ...
Postdoctoral Fellow On Sustainable Upgrading Of Biomass Into Fibers, Stockholm University, Sweden, about 12 hours ago
Ref. No. SU FV-4278-23 at the Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry . Closing date: 20 December 2023. The Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry (MMK) is, with about 160...