The Department of Communications and New Media invites applicants for the position of Teaching Assistant (Internship and Stakeholder Engagement)
The internship programme seeks to provide students with the link between academic theories and practical applications so that students are better prepared for transitioning to the workplace upon graduation. Students are given the chance to observe industry practitioners in action, gain relevant industry knowledge, and develop professionalism, such as soft skills, self-presentation and career planning as they interact and network with colleagues in their organisation.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Manage the administration of employers and students, including dissemination information, setting expectations, assisting with issues, responding to employers/students queries, mitigating between interns and employer, maintaining of employer database, reporting, etc.;
- Manage the study plans for students taking the internship module.
- Lead the operations of the internship module, including running orientation, briefings, meet-up sessions.
- Do grading of student assessments.
- Conduct surveys and evaluation, pre- and post-internship for areas of improvements.
- Provide mentorship and pastoral care to students taking internship.
- Any other tasks that are assigned by your supervisor.
The anticipated start date is 1 Jan 2022 or earlier prior to the beginning of the second semester during 2021-2022.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proficient in computer skills such as Microsoft Office
- Strong presentation, communication, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- You thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Work independently with little supervision
- A self-starter and motivated individual with a can’t-is-not-an-option attitude
- Able to multitask under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy of the work
Successful candidates must have a good Honours Degree or a closely affiliated discipline by the appointment of start date and a record of excellence in teaching in large comprehensive universities. A passion for working closely with students and a commitment to student learning are essential. Successful candidates are also expected to have experience with online teaching and the development of MOOCs.
Interested parties must submit the following documents via Academic Jobs Online
(1) Cover Letter, indicating the position you are applying for.
(2) Full CV
(3) Statement of teaching philosophy and methodology with evidence of student learning and educational leadership (i.e., official student feedback documents, if applicable). Note that the statement should be no more than a maximum of 3,000 words. Full official student feedback documents should be included in the appendix.
(4) Copies of educational certificates and transcripts
(5) A list of modules you are able and willing to teach (the full list of modules is available on the department website )
(6) Two reference letters to be submitted directly by the letter writers to the following email: email@example.com (letter writers should be able to comment on your suitability for the job)
For full consideration, please submit a complete application, including letters of recommendation, by 15 September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Further information about working at the National University of Singapore is available here .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Arts & Social Sciences
Department : Communications And New Media
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7281
Senior Associate / Associate (Leasing) Contract, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 5 hours ago
Senior Associate / Associate (Leasing) - Contract Apply now Job no:494992 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Administration/Secretarial, Property/Estate Management You wil...
Research Fellow, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
Apply now Job no:495001 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:PhD, Information Systems Technology & Design, IT - Software, Others We are seeking a highly motivated research f...
Research Assistant Adaptive And Interactive Environment, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, 11 days ago
Research Assistant - Adaptive and Interactive Environment Apply now Job no:494949 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Bachelor Degree, Masters, Information Systems Technolo...
Associate, Ocif (Contract), Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 5 hours ago
Apply now Job no:494984 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Facilities/Building/Security JOB DESCRIPTION ROLE: ASSOCIATE/ SENIOR ASSSOCIATE (CAMPUS DEVELOPMENT) ...
Research Fellow (Speech And Ai/Ml), Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
Research Fellow (Speech and AI/ML) Apply now Job no:494983 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Bachelor Degree, Masters, PhD, Information Systems Technology & Design, Other...
Research Fellow (Modeling And Simulation Of Polymer Nanocomposites), Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
Apply now Job no:494987 Work type:Permanent, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:PhD, Engineering Product Development, Science (Physics/Chemistry), Others MODELING AND CO-OPTIMIZATION OF POLYM...