The Department of Information Systems and Analytics (DISA) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers two undergraduate degrees in business analytics and information systems. Suitable candidates are invited to apply for the position of teaching assistant to support course instructors in the design and delivery of tutorial, recitation, and laboratory sessions. The expected appointment start date is July 2023 and the appointment is for an initial period of 1 year.
• Conduct small-class teaching (tutorial, recitation, laboratory) and provide support to students via email and consultation hours
• Provide administrative and other teaching support to the module instructor
• Grade module assignments, quizzes, and other assessment components
• A good honours degree or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline from a reputable university (e.g., Computing/Engineering/Business/Economics/Statistics)
• Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively facilitate learning for undergraduate students
• Strong interest in teaching and preferably with proven teaching experience (especially at the tertiary level)
• Able to teach at least 3 to 5 BT or IS-coded modules offered by the department: https://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/cugresource/soc-sched/
1. Detailed Curriculum Vitae (please indicate student Matriculation/Staff Number if you are an NUS student/staff)
2. Copies of educational certificates and transcripts (please also forward copies of the official English translations if the original certificates/transcripts are not in English.)
3. Teaching statement and past teaching evaluations/peer review reports
4. Two referee's reports (please note the School's requirement that referee reports from peers such as Research Assistant/Associate/Fellow and Ph.D. students are inadmissible.)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Computing
Department : Department of Information Systems & Analytics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 22118
Cis Full Time Faculty, Education Track Position, Open Rank Position In International Development, Singapore Management University, Singapore, 11 days ago
CIS Full Time Faculty, Education Track Position, Open Rank Position in International Development - (230000BX) Description The College of Integrative Studies (CIS) at Singapore Management Universit...
Senior Executive, Administrative Support, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 1 hour ago
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Ministry of Edu...
Part Time Lecturers (Ote) [Nie], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 1 day ago
National Institute of Education - Part-time Lecturers (OTE) The National Institute of Education (NIE) invites applications for the position of Part-time Lecturer in the Office of Teacher Education...
Executive Officer / Senior Exec Officer (Adult Chinese Language Programme) [ Confucius Institute], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 1 hour ago
Roles & Responsibilities Programme management which encompasses programme budgeting, programme advertising, enrolment of new students, curriculum planning and time-tabling, administrative work rel...
Senior Assistant Manager, Student Administration, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
NTU’s School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE) is a leading school for higher learning that is known for its excellent curriculum, outstanding impactful research, and talented faculty. To...
Adjunct Faculty, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Description We are looking for a passionate educator, preferably based in or near Singapore, to support the course instruction to groom aviation leaders of tomorrow. The identified educator sh...