4 Nov 2023
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
3 Dec 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Tropical Marine Science Institute (TMSI) of National University of Singapore (NUS) has an immediate vacancy in the area of regional sea level variability in the warming climate.
The ongoing Project “Understanding the low-frequency variability of coastal sea level in Southeast Asia using a regional ocean model and observations” has been funded by National Research Foundation until 31 July 2025.
The successful candidate will be working with a multidisciplinary team of atmosphere and ocean scientists, and particularly be responsible for:
- running NEMO ocean model using past and projected forces provided by the atmospheric team;
- use data analysis and model simulations experiments to understand the mechanism of regional sea level variability driven by large scale atmosphere/oceanic processes.
Depending on qualifications and experience, successful Candidate could be employed at Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow level.
Successful candidate will be having the following demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience:
- Understanding of regional sea level variability and large-scale atmosphere/ocean coupling;
- Understanding of mechanisms of ocean response to the climate change;
- Capability to set and run regional sensitivity experiments using NEMO ocean model;
- Capability to use data analysis methods for ocean dynamics research;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary team of researchers, including ocean and atmosphere scientists;
- PhD in ocean sciences from a recognised University
- Track records in publications.
Where to apply
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Satellite And Airborne Altimetry For Observing Arctic Summer , UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Norway, about 17 hours ago
Stig Brøndbo 6th March 2024 Languages English English English Faculty of Science and Technology Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Satellite and Airborne Altimetry for Observing Arctic Summer Apply f...
Postdoc Researcher Position , NORCE, Norway, about 17 hours ago
Continuously Languages English English English In the field of Ocean Microbial Biodiversity and Metagenomics we have a vacant Postdoc Researcher Position Apply for this job See advertisement About...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position Within Deep Sea Microbiology, University of Bergen, Norway, about 17 hours ago
Postdoctoral Research Fellow position within Deep Sea Microbiology Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world arou...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position Within Deep Sea Microbiology , University of Bergen, Norway, about 17 hours ago
15th March 2024 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English Postdoctoral Research Fellow position within Deep Sea Microbiology Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes ...
Research Assistant In Marine Sensing Systems And Autonomy Dtu Aqua, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 1 hour ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Research Assistant in marine sensing systems and autonomy - DTU Aqua Denmark Be the First to Apply Job Description DTU Aqua welcomes applicati...
Postdoc In Sea Spray Aerosols And Cloud Formation At Dept. Of Chemistry, Aarhus University, Aarhus University, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
A post-doctoral position focusing on sea spray aerosols, their atmospheric ageing , and ability to act as seeds for cloud formation is available at Department of Chemistry, Aarhus University start...