10 May 2023
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
8 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- 3-Year Renewable Contract
The Centre on Asia and Globalisation (CAG), at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore, invites applications for two Research Fellowships in the fields of:
The Lee Kuan Yew School is a leading school of public policy with an international faculty and student body. CAG was established in 2006 to provide accurate, independent, and high-quality analysis on issues of regional and global significance for academia, decision-makers, commentators, and the general public. Its current research agenda focuses on the prospects of regional and global order; the future of economic globalisation/de-globalisation and their impact on Asia; the alignment postures of Southeast Asia in an era of superpower competition; and the impact of technology and artificial intelligence on international politics (https://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/cag ).
The candidate will conduct independent, in-depth, and publishable research on issues in his/her expertise and contribute to the Centre’s agenda on:
S/he is expected to initiate and organize research projects, workshops, conferences, and other research events. S/he should be able to reach out to publishers and actively engage with academia, policy practitioners, and media and business leaders, as well as apply for external grants. In addition, s/he is expected to play a role in coordinating with other researchers and contribute to the broader intellectual life of the centre.
- A Ph.D. degree in the social sciences with preference for Political Science/International Relations
- Expertise in the International Relations of Asia with a focus on Southeast Asia OR
- Expertise in the political economy, geopolitical, or security aspects of technology
- An ability to engage with policy and research communities in Singapore, Asia, and around the world
- A strong and demonstrated sense of academic independence and collegiality
- A willingness to engage in interdisciplinary interactions at the School
- Internationally competitive salary, 3-year renewable contract
- Housing benefit, travel assistance, and transit accommodation, subject to NUS eligibility criteria
- Highly collegial working environment with an internationally diverse group of scholars
- Excellent research support provided by CAG, the LKY School, and the University
Applicants should submit the following in electronic form (MS Word or PDF file):
- Cover letter, with a brief statement of research expertise and its relevance to CAG’s existing research interests
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Two samples of academic publications
- Three letters of reference (mail to firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Joining date: 1 August 2023 (preferred, but negotiable)
- Application deadline: Open until filled
Please send electronic submissions to Ms. Serene Teang (email@example.com )
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
Department : Academic Affairs
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 20088
Where to apply
Research Assistant (Institute For Environment & Sustainability), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Job Description The Institute for Environment & Sustainability (IES) is looking for proactive and enthusiastic candidates for full-time Research Assistant to be part of our growing team focused on...
Research Fellow, Global Tide And Storm Surge Modelling In Changing Climate, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, about 24 hours ago
Job Description National University of Singapore (NUS) has a vacancy in the area of global tide and storm-surge modelling in the warming climate. The Project is funded for 4 years, and includes se...
Research Assistant/Associate, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 9 hours ago
Research Assistants/Associates The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities at the Singapore University of Technology and Design is looking for full/part-time Research Assistants/Associates inter...
Research Assistant, Policy Lab, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Two-Year Renewable Contract Job Description The Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) is a policy research think-tank in the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore. IPS...
Research Assistant (Governance & Economy), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Job Description The Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) is a policy research think-tank in the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore. It would like to hire a Researc...
Research Fellowships In Asia Research Institute, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
ASIA RESEARCH INSTITUTE (ARI) JOB OPPORTUNITIES FY2024/25 RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS The Asia Research Institute invites outstanding, active researchers from around the world to work on an important pie...