The School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) was established to drive the expansion of NUS’ lifelong learning offerings in a concerted and strategic way that furthers our mission to be a leading global university, as well as fulfil our role as a public university of Singapore, shaping the future.
Through SCALE, working adults (i.e. professionals, managers and executives) who aspire to stay relevant and ahead of competition, companies looking to up-skill/re-skill their workforce, and even youths exploring quality tertiary education options, have access to NUS’ suite of innovative, world-class continuing and lifelong education offerings.
Drawing on unparalleled access to the multi-disciplinary expertise of 16 other NUS Faculties/Schools, SCALE offers youth, executive and professional development/education programmes, part-time and full-time degree programmes, as well as modular courses that may be taken singly or stacked towards certificates/diplomas/degrees that meet the lifelong learning needs of individuals. All programmes are designed and developed in consultation with the industry to ensure relevance and currency.
About the Role
To augment our manpower resources in the School, we are looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join our Executive & Professional Development (EPD) Unit.
The incumbent shall be an integral member of the Strategic Projects team to foster the growth of NUS’ Continuing Education & Training (CET) markets and consultancy capabilities. The primary focus of the role is to partner with government agencies, industry trade associations, professional bodies and enterprises, comprising Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and large MNCS, to facilitate skills upgrading and training/consulting solutions. The incumbent shall also assist to manage projects with some degree of complexity that are initiated to impact the nation as a whole.
This role is offered on a 3-year renewable contract basis; renewal is subject to satisfactory job performance.
Remuneration is based on a 12-month salary structure, with annual variable bonus which is subject to incumbent’s performance and the University/School’s prevailing remuneration policies.
The incumbent will be emplaced at an appropriate appointment grade based on his/her individual merits.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Define long-term organisational strategic goals, build key client and partnership relationships, identify employment opportunities for clients, negotiate and close partnership deals, and keep abreast of current market conditions.
• Conceptualise, develop and manage projects, including project strategy design, stakeholder management, programme structures, systems development and project operations.
• Collaborate with the various NUS academic units in developing courses and training solutions, seek government funding support and engage in employer outreach activities, based on strategic priorities.
• Screen potential partnership deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities.
• Collaborate with relevant partners and government agencies to drive projects that can impact the industry sectors and target group of individuals through upskilling and training solutions.
• Develop and manage financial budgets and recommend deal approval for training/consultancy opportunities for NUS.
• Manage strategic and operational client and partner relationship activities involving key employers, industry associations, government agencies, as well as NUS Faculties/Schools.
• Form strategic alliances with other organisations to leverage on their existing networks.
• Work with the Marketing team to create marketing materials and tools to support new initiatives and projects.
• Work with internal stakeholders, trainers and curriculum developers in structuring and implementing training proposals for upskilling and training solutions.
• Grow a strong network of key employers and industry partners both domestically and overseas.
Academic & Professional Certification
- At least a good bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in any discipline
- IT savvy and proficient in MS Office applications
Experience & Attributes
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in business development/sales in Institutes of Higher Learning and/or the Continuing Education & Training (CET) sector
- Experience in managing complex and complicated projects
- Strong track record in business development
- Familiar with initiatives, schemes and grants offered by the government agencies for enterprises
- Strong project planning and organisational skills
- Good working knowledge of financial reporting and accounting
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral & written) and presentation skills; flexible in adapting public speaking/presentation styles to audience of diverse background and culture
- Driven self-starter with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
To expedite application processing, a copy of academic certificates and transcripts from GCE O-level onwards should be uploaded via the online application portal.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Continuing And Lifelong Education
Department : Executive & Professional Development
Employee Referral Eligible:
Job requisition ID : 8806
Scis Full Time Faculty, Lecturer/Senior Lecturer , Singapore Management University, Singapore, 1 day ago
SCIS Full-Time Faculty, Lecturer/Senior Lecturer - (210000B4) Description The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) has one Lecturer/Seni...
Manager, It Support Services, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 7 hours ago
Manager, IT Support Services Apply now Job no:494933 Work type:Permanent, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Information Technology The successful candidate reports to the Deputy Director, IT...
Scis Full Time Faculty, Associate Professor On Tenure Track, Singapore Management University, Singapore, 1 day ago
SCIS Full-Time Faculty, Associate Professor on Tenure Track - (210000B5) Description The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) has one ten...
Scis Full Time Faculty, Assistant Professor On Tenure Track, Singapore Management University, Singapore, 1 day ago
SCIS Full-Time Faculty, Assistant Professor on Tenure Track - (210000B3) Description The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) has tenure ...
Full Time Faculty, Term Track, Singapore Management University, Singapore, 1 day ago
Full-Time Faculty, Term Track - (210000BB) Description A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recognised for its world class research and distin...
Full Time Faculty, Tenure Or Tenured Track Faculty Position In Accounting, Singapore Management University, Singapore, 1 day ago
Full-Time Faculty, Tenure or Tenured Track Faculty Position in Accounting - (210000B2) Description The School of Accountancy (SOA) at Singapore Management University invites applications for openi...