The incumbent will manage the day to day operations and maintenance of the campus, all aspects of building, workplace safety and fire safety, improvement projects which entail feasibility studies, budgeting, project management, procurement, regulatory compliance and design review, quality assurance and timely delivery for successful handover. The incumbent will plan and drive initiatives to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of divisional policies, system and processes to support the operations and services of SIT in its current campuses and the new Campus.
- Develop, review and update EHS policies and related documents in the safety management system. Formulate and administer comprehensive Risk Management and review safe work procedures.
- Enforce safety rules & regulations to ensure good and safe work environment. Conduct regular safety inspections, recommend control measures, monitor and improve WSH performance.
- Conduct monthly safety committee meetings, coordinate and organise campaigns, trainings and WSH activities to enhance safety awareness and knowledge
- Conduct incident and accident investigations and recommend corrective / preventive actions
- Advise the division on matters pertaining to EHS issues and the application of licenses and liaise with the relevant authority for license and permit issues
- Conduct and coordinate fire drills and the formation of CERTs and obtain Fire Certificate in compliance to Fire Safety Act & Regulation
- Audit, inspect and test all fire alarm and protection systems to ensure compliance to Fire Safety Act & Regulation.
- Collate and prepare WSH reports for reporting and presentation to the HOD.
- Develop, implement, review, update emergency preparedness & response programs and procedures to protect lives and organisation assets.
- Responsible for all aspects of facility management and maintenance activities, addition/alterations, upgrading/refurbishment works to the estate that includes building services, Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) systems, security system, housekeeping, security services, horticultural, general logistics and regulatory requirements
- Manage service providers deployed at the estate and ensure they maintain appropriate quality standards, adhere to maintenance work order executions, preventive maintenance compliance, timely delivery, facility resource management and inventory control.
- Ensure that service providers carry out works with the necessary risk assessments and safety work procedures in place to manage works and project risks.
- Obtain stakeholders’ requirements to plan and review space programme for the development of campus, buildings and facilities to support SIT academic, administrative and student activities.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- MOM registered WSH Officer and qualified Fire Safety Manager
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience as a WSHO and FSM, preferably in the tertiary education environment with recognised Degree / Diploma, preferably occupational safety and/or environmental health or related fields.
- Familiar with local regulatory requirements related to workplace safety and health, and all other aspects of safety.
- Possess ISO and OHSAS knowledge and implementation. Certificates in QEHS Internal Auditing (ISO 9001, ISO 140001, OHSAS 18001) will be significantly favoured
- Proven track record in managing functions such as policy, planning and project management
- Self-driven, resourceful team player with good analytical, communication, writing and interpersonal and change management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, relevant Singapore Standards, Codes of Practices, and regulatory guidelines.
Assistant Manager/Manager (Safety & Space), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 16 hours ago
Job Description The successful candidate will provide guidance and advice to the stakeholders in the College of Design & Engineering (CDE) on space planning & management, design review, renovation...
Assistant Manager, Building Services Maintenance, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 1 day ago
NTU is seeking experienced and motivated individuals to join our dynamic team in Office of Development and Facilities Management. The department oversees the physical development and maintenance o...
Senior Executive, Technical, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 1 hour ago
The Senior Executive shall support the school of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology in technical and administrative activities to ensure the smooth and safe functioning of the labor...
Senior Executive, Science And Anatomy Laboratories [Lkc Medicine], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 1 day ago
The Education Department of Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine is offering a Senior Executive position at our NTU Campus. This position will report directly to the Senior Assistant Manager of the A...
Mma Core Facility Manager (Cancer Science Institute), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 14 hours ago
Job Description The Microscopy and Multiplex Assays (MMA) Core Facility Manager will serve the students, faculty, research staff and industry partners of Cancer Science Institute of Singapore (CSI...
Casual Technical Staff (Staging & Lighting) 1, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 16 hours ago
Job Description The Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music, National University of Singapore, offers a unique and adventurous 21st century Asian environment in which we train and educate performers, ...