This role will plan, analyze, develop and maintain business applications that serves towards maintaining NUS as a leading global university shaping the future, providing quality education and research in service of our country and society.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement high quality complex applications and solutions.
- Provide post-implementation maintenance support.
- Conduct technical feasibility study, analyse requirement specifications and collaborate with teams to design and architect solutions including developing proof of concepts.
- Document and update the technical design specifications.
- Prepare effort estimation, develop technical activities, schedule and work breakdown structures to ensure compliance to project scope, deliverables, resources and budget.
- Ensure compliance with security, development and quality standards.
- Identify and keep abreast of latest application development and technology trends on new initiative and emerging technologies.
- Conduct or facilitate knowledge sharing of emerging technologies.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent. Fresh graduates with the relevant experience are welcome to apply.
- Relevant experience in application design, development and support, and has completed at least 3 rounds of SDLC in web development.
- Strong programming skill in Java, Java EE, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow, jQuery, Java Web Services, Angular, Hibernate and Bootstrap.
- Having working knowledge in Spring Boot & Angular would be an advantage.
- Deep knowledge in Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) such as Oracle and SQL.
- Strong business process and analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information quickly, and communicate complex requirements and issues clearly and concisely. The ability to understand the business questions that users are trying to get answered is essential.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management, users and vendors.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be a good team player, proactive in nature, fast learner, highly organized and positive attitude.
- Experience in Higher Education industry is a bonus.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Information Technology
Department : Applications - Applications Architecture & Technology
Employee Referral Eligible: Yes
Job requisition ID : 9460
Research Engineer (Artificial Intelligence, Nlp), Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 10 hours ago
Research Engineer (Artificial Intelligence, NLP) Apply now Job no:495012 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Bachelor Degree, Masters, PhD, Information Systems Technology &...
Scis Full Time Faculty, Assistant Professor On Tenure Track, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 21 hours ago
SCIS Full-Time Faculty, Assistant Professor on Tenure Track - (22000005) Description The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) has tenure ...
Researcher (Educational Neuroscience And Machine Learning), Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 10 hours ago
Researcher (Educational Neuroscience and Machine Learning) Apply now Job no:495010 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Bachelor Degree, Masters, PhD, Others, Science (Physi...
Associate (Contracts & Procurement Facilities) Contract, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 12 hours ago
Associate (Contracts & Procurement - Facilities) - Contract Apply now Job no:494988 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Administration/Secretarial, Facilities/Building/Secu...
Manager, Alumni Cultivation And Engagement (Contract), Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 12 hours ago
Manager, Alumni Cultivation and Engagement (Contract) Apply now Job no:495008 Work type:Contract, full-time, Permanent, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Administration/Secretarial, Business...
Deputy Manager, I Trust Contract, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 12 hours ago
Apply now Job no:495002 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Administration/Secretarial, Grant/Research Management/Development, Laboratory/Technical Support iTrust, Centre f...