The Senior Executive shall support the school of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology in technical and administrative activities to ensure the smooth and safe functioning of the laboratory in enabling the Students, Researchers and Faculty to accomplish their academic and research objectives effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Support the students, researchers and faculty in carrying out their research activities including operating, maintaining & training of lab equipment such as microscopy imaging system, gel imaging system, liquid chromatography, spectrometers, cryostat, autoclave, tensile tester, etc.
- Support bioengineering and chemical engineering undergraduate teaching experiments such as protein analysis, cell cytotoxicity test, anatomy & physiology, pulse oximetry, image & microscopy technology, etc., including preparing materials, performing lab trials, revising lab manuals, conducting and supervising laboratory lessons
- Ensure safety standards in the laboratories are compliant with ISO regulations and carry out regular laboratory inspections
- Ensure adequate lab consumables and manage purchasing of materials and inventory control
- Ensure good laboratory housekeeping and safe laboratory practices
- Liaise with suppliers on timely equipment setup, repair and maintenance
- Coordinate teaching and research labs wastes disposal with other team members
- Carry out strategic budget proposal, tracking expenses associated with laboratory equipment and consumables
- Conduct training for new users, guide inexperienced users in operation of laboratory equipment
- Support the manager to perform diagnostic tests and in-house repair process in the event of equipment failure, engage vendor for periodic calibration and preventive maintenance
- Effective record keeping of lab chemicals, consumables, assets and equipment maintenance
- Laboratory support and management, with experience in writing standard operating procedures and risk assessments
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the reporting officer and school management
- Reputable diploma/degree in chemical engineering or technology or equivalent in any relevant field with at least 3 years’ experience
- Experience in handling, operating and maintaining scientific & laboratory equipment such as microscopy imaging system, gel imaging system, liquid chromatography, spectrometers, cryostat, autoclave, tensile tester, etc.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good awareness of laboratory safety
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Ability to convey important information clearly and effectively
- Be proactive and independent
- Effective time management
- Service orientation with strong work ethics
- Hardworking and team player
Hiring Institution: NTU
Laboratory Technician (Cancer Science Institute), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 6 days ago
Job Description As a Laboratory Technician, you will be supporting laboratory staff and researchers in terms of carrying out laboratory-based scientific investigations. You will work with laborato...
Laboratory Technologist, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1 day ago
Job Description • Oversee T-Lab laboratories housekeeping and adherence to safety compliance • Conduct basic troubleshooting and repair of common lab equipment and essential facilities, incl...
Laboratory Executive (Dept Of The Built Environment) 1 Year Contract, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1 day ago
Job Description To assist in the renovations of the laboratory(ise), assist course coordinators in laboratory classes and provide support in the administration, operation and maintenance of labora...
Laboratory Executive (Cancer Science Institute), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1 day ago
Job Description A Laboratory Executive position is available from February 2024 in Dr Benjamin Stauch's research group. The selected candidate will provide support to the Principal Investigator an...
Professional Officer (All Levels) (Chemistry), Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 9 hours ago
Key Responsibilities Develop and deliver hands-on and practical classes in the laboratory. Teach and assess student learning in laboratory and through innovation projects. Mentor and coach student...
Laboratory Technologist, Department Of Physiology (2 Year Contract), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 14 days ago
The Role A Laboratory Technologist (LT) in the Department of Physiology is required to manage laboratory operations and support for teaching-related activities. A large part of the job scope is ad...