We are seeking highly motivated candidate for a Laboratory Operations & Workplace Safety & Health Senior Executive position available at the Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE). The successful candidate will be part of the Laboratory Management team, which oversees laboratory support operations, infrastructure and facilities management, and workplace safety & health, in this multi-disciplinary Research Centre of Excellence.
- Assist the Head of Department (HOD) with the drafting, implementation, and review of Occupational Health & Safety standard operating procedures, guidelines, and safe work procedures, at the workplace; as well as reviewing of generic risk assessments;
- Implement safety programmes, in line with the KPIs set forth by NTU and SCELSE;
- Conduct in-house workplace safety inspections, safety briefings, workshops and internal audits to fulfil regulatory and in-house safety requirements for high risk work activities in SCELSE; follow-up with stakeholders on the CAPA highlighted in the inspection and audit reports;
- Identify and review workplace hazards on a periodic basis and report to the HOD on the review outcomes. Where required, work with the relevant stakeholders to implement control measures to mitigate risks;
- Assist the HOD to conduct workplace accident/incident investigations, identify the root cause and follow-up with incident reporting and CAPA in a timely manner;
- Assist the HOD in organizing and conducting emergency drills;
- Ensure preventive maintenance and/or calibration is carried out for all safety equipment and devices;
- Procure and manage safety consumables/supplies;
- Manage the roles as the appointed SCELSE’s safety representative and training coordinator, emergency coordinator and reviewer of controlled items for SCELSE;
- Render support to laboratory operations as required and any other duties and/or improvement projects as assigned by the HOD.
- Good degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, or related field;
- Individuals with WSQ specialist diploma in Workplace Safety & Health (level C) will be considered favorably;
- At least five years of experience working in a Microbiology, Biochemistry, or Life Sciences-related laboratory; and at least three years of biosafety-related experience; and
- Good knowledge and understanding of occupational health & safety regulations, biosafety principles & practices, MOM workplace safety guidelines, and other relevant authority regulations;
- Good knowledge on Biological Agents and Toxins Act (BATA) and other biosafety-related guidelines and regulations;
- Good knowledge and understanding of risk management and the conduct, management and evaluation of risk assessment;
- Possess the ability to take initiative, multi-task, work independently (and in a group) and is motivated to work in a highly collaborative environment;
- Highly motivated to learn and to seek continuous improvement, with the ability to adapt well and quickly to changes;
- Resourceful, proactive and should demonstrate initiatives to improve systems/workflow and do hands-on troubleshooting
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in a multicultural and international environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel and Access)
Hiring Institution: NTU
Assistant Manager / Senior Assistant Manager, Safety And Health, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 15 hours ago
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Safety & Health, you will help to administer and maintain the Safety and Health Management System and in driving and promoting workplace safety and health (W...
Manager (Administration, Faculty Of Arts & Social Sciences), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 5 days ago
Job Description Assist the Director (Administration) of the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences (FASS) to oversee the Faculty’s administrative policies and functions, as well as transformational eff...
Laboratory Executive (Cancer Science Institute), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 7 days ago
Job Description A Laboratory Executive position is available from February 2024 in Dr Benjamin Stauch's research group. The selected candidate will provide support to the Principal Investigator an...
Project Manager, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1 day ago
About ORMC Office of Risk Management and Compliance (ORMC) strives to be a trusted business and governance partner in the sustainable creation, optimization and protection of the university’s over...
Assistant Professor (Occupational Health), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 14 days ago
Assistant Professor (Occupational Health), Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health ... Job Description The National University of Singapore – the top ranked university in Asia – is recruiting full-t...
Associate Professor (Occupational Health), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 14 days ago
Associate Professor (Occupational Health), Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health ... Job Description The National University of Singapore – the top ranked university in Asia – is recruiting full-t...