The incumbent will provide support to the Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, and will have varying responsibilities and duties within the Department. He/She will be involved in managing and maintaining various central departmental equipment and facilities including analytical equipment such as the X-ray equipment, Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) and Atomic Force Microscope (AFM). Experience in operation of such equipment is desirable. This will involve communicating with vendors and users and arranging for training and maintaining a user list. In addition, the applicant will be involved in departmental safety activities including but not limited to licensing and developing standard operating procedures and risk assessments.
The applicant will also assist in departmental administration duties as assigned by professors and senior managers. Duties will also include assisting in the various undergraduate lab based teaching activities that occur in the department as well as outreach activities. A strong background in computational skills (hardware and software) is also highly desirable.
- Possess a BSc (Physics) or BEng (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science or equivalent).
- The successful candidate is expected to have some computing and coding knowledge and must be interested in working in an educational environment and laboratory work.
- Familiarity with operations and safety standards in the laboratory will also be useful in this application.
- Some knowledge of operating experimental equipment such as SEM, AFM, Raman will be advantageous.
- Experience in maintaining experimental equipment (e.g., X-ray equipment, SEM and AFM) and interacting with vendors to fault find is desirable.
- Remuneration is based on a 12-month salary structure, with annual variable bonus which is subject to incumbent’s performance and the University/School’s prevailing remuneration policies.
- The incumbent will be emplaced at an appropriate appointment grade based on his/her individual merits.
- To expedite application processing, a copy of academic certificates and transcripts from GCE O-level onwards should be uploaded via the online application portal.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Faculty of Science
Department : Physics
Job requisition ID : 22070
Research Associate (Phytoremediation), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 3 days ago
The School of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) invites applications for the position of Research Associate. The Research Associate is expected to be able to conduct independent work on Phyt...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Industrial Artificial Intelligence In Mechanical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 4 hours ago
The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) is one of the top 7 mechanical and aerospace engineering schools in the world. With well-established industry partnerships, MAE provides an...
Senior Assistant Director, Software & Applications, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 4 hours ago
An instrumental role in articulating the functional needs and translating into IT solutions that will support the overall University goals, the incumbent will work closely with the various departm...
Assistant Director/Senior Manager (Digital Systems And Technology), Sitlearn Professional Development, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
SITLEARN Professional Development is the lifelong learning division of SIT. We offer competency-based stackable micro-credentials, as well as stackable and standalone Continuing Education and Trai...
Research Associate (Passive Cooling), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 5 hours ago
The School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE) is a robust, dynamic and multi-disciplinary international research community comprising of world-class scientists and bright students. MAE pr...
Project Officer (Environmental Science/ Biological Science), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 5 hours ago
We are seeking to hire a Project Officer (PO) in the Asian School of the Environment at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore for an interdisciplinary project at the intersect of engineeri...