4 Nov 2023
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
3 Dec 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Tropical Marine Science Institute (TMSI) of National University of Singapore (NUS) has an immediate vacancy in the area of regional sea level variability in the warming climate.
The ongoing Project “Understanding the low-frequency variability of coastal sea level in Southeast Asia using a regional ocean model and observations” has been funded by National Research Foundation until 31 July 2025. The successful candidate will be working with a multidisciplinary team of atmosphere and ocean scientists, and
Particularly be responsible for:
- running NEMO ocean model using past and projected forces provided by the atmospheric team;
- use data analysis and model simulations experiments to understand the mechanism of regional sea level variability driven by large scale atmosphere/oceanic processes.
Depending on qualifications and experience, successful Candidate could be employed at Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow level.
Successful candidate will be having the following demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience:
- Understanding of regional sea level variability and large-scale atmosphere/ocean coupling;
- Understanding of mechanisms of ocean response to the climate change;
- Capability to set and run regional sensitivity experiments using NEMO ocean model;
- Capability to use data analysis methods for ocean dynamics research;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary team of researchers, including ocean and atmosphere scientists;
- PhD in ocean sciences from a recognised University
- Track records in publications.
Where to apply
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Satellite And Airborne Altimetry For Observing Arctic Summer , UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Norway, about 23 hours ago
Stig Brøndbo 6th March 2024 Languages English English English Faculty of Science and Technology Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Satellite and Airborne Altimetry for Observing Arctic Summer Apply f...
Research Fellow (Sediment Transport), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Job Description The Research Fellow (Postdoc) will conduct research in the field of coastal engineering, in terms of wave dynamics and sediment transport. Coupling of different types of wave signa...
Postdoc Researcher Position , NORCE, Norway, about 24 hours ago
Continuously Languages English English English In the field of Ocean Microbial Biodiversity and Metagenomics we have a vacant Postdoc Researcher Position Apply for this job See advertisement About...
Postdoc Position Spatial Ecology Of Marine Megafauna , Institute of Marine Research, Norway, about 24 hours ago
28th February 2024 Languages English English English Postdoc position - Spatial Ecology of Marine Megafauna Apply for this job See advertisement About the position The Institute of Marine Research...
Research Assistant (Part Time), Leiden University, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
Apply now The H2OLAW Project hosted by the Grotius Centre for International Legal Studies has a vacancy for a: Research Assistant (Part Time) Vacancy number: 14561 Key responsibilities To conduct ...
Research Fellow Computational Fluid Dynamics, Tsunami, London South Bank University, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Job profile The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included. Job details Job titleResearch Fellow...