30 Nov 2023
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
29 Dec 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
National University of Singapore (NUS) has a vacancy in the area of global tide and storm-surge modelling in the warming climate. The Project is funded for 4 years, and includes sensitivity study of global astronomic tides and storm surges to sea level rise and CMIP6 GCMs atmospheric projections for 21st century.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- analysis of regional (South-East Asia) sea level rise and variability in the warming climate;
- setting and validation of Global Tide and Surge Model (GTSM, https://publicwiki.deltares.nl/display/ GTSM/) for the Globe with a mesh refined at South-East Asia and Singapore waters;
- understanding mechanisms of global and regional astronomic tides and storm surges formation, variability and trends for ensemble of atmospheric projections and increasing global/regional sea level;
- running XBeach model for selected coastal adaptation solutions using GTSM projections as boundary conditions.
Successful candidate will be having the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Understanding of mechanisms of storm surges, astronomic tides, and wind-waves generation and propagation at various scales, from global to local.
- Understanding of mechanisms of ocean/coastal responses to the climate change.
- Capability to use modern methods of ocean data analysis, particular applied for sea level and climate research;
- Experience with OpenDA methods and software is an advantage;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary team of researchers, including ocean/coastal and atmosphere scientists;
- Solid publication record. Candidate will be having Ph.D. in ocean/coastal sciences/engineering from a reputable University.
The appointment will be made in Coastal Protection and Flood Resilience Institute (CFI), established within National University of Singapore (NUS) in partnership with PUB (Singapore’s National Water Agency).
Senior Research Fellow position will also be taken into consideration for experienced hires.
CV and other documents to be sent to Dr. Pavel TKALICH [email protected] .
Where to apply
Postdoc Researcher Position , NORCE, Norway, about 18 hours ago
Continuously Languages English English English In the field of Ocean Microbial Biodiversity and Metagenomics we have a vacant Postdoc Researcher Position Apply for this job See advertisement About...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Satellite And Airborne Altimetry For Observing Arctic Summer , UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Norway, about 18 hours ago
Stig Brøndbo 6th March 2024 Languages English English English Faculty of Science and Technology Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Satellite and Airborne Altimetry for Observing Arctic Summer Apply f...
Postdoc Employment (3 Years): Marine Sustainable Development In The Northern Baltic Sea , Umeå University, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Umeå University is one of Sweden’s largest higher education institutions with over 37,000 students and about 4,700 employees. The University offers a diversity of high-quality education and world-...
Research Assistant In Marine Sensing Systems And Autonomy Dtu Aqua, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Research Assistant in marine sensing systems and autonomy - DTU Aqua Denmark Be the First to Apply Job Description DTU Aqua welcomes applicati...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position Within Deep Sea Microbiology, University of Bergen, Norway, about 18 hours ago
Postdoctoral Research Fellow position within Deep Sea Microbiology Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world arou...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position Within Deep Sea Microbiology , University of Bergen, Norway, about 18 hours ago
15th March 2024 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English Postdoctoral Research Fellow position within Deep Sea Microbiology Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes ...