The Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERIAN) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
You will be part of the research team working on the “Future-Proof Reliable and Resilient Wireless Communications for Virtual Power Plant (W-VPP)” project. Additionally, the role will also involve testing, validation and certification work relevant to energy applications such as energy storage systems, EV charging systems and e-mobility solutions. This will be carried out at the EPGC facility, which allows equipment manufacturers and system integrators to test out their technology or solutions at actual power before deployment.
1. You will need to actively support R&D projects at EPGC in terms of research, development, testing and verification/validation activities, proposal development and reporting and documentation.
2. The role will include the following:
- Research, development and prototyping work for wireless 4G/5G communication implementation for power system networks in collaboration with research partners/collaborators.
- Design and develop analytics and performance monitoring of wireless 4G/5G communication network.
- Design and implement cloud-based energy system analytics using industrial internet-of-things (IIoT) protocols, leverage on artificial intelligence/machine learning tools where required.
- Familiarization of test standards for EV charging and ESS; development of test procedures and processes.
- Hands-on setup of test instrumentation; conducting tests on actual equipment-under-test.
- Develop joint R&D proposals for public sector grant calls and/or industry funding opportunities.
- Publish high-quality papers in top-tier scientific journals.
- Participate in regular project reporting/meetings.
3. You will also be involved in daily operations of the EPGC facilities including the following:
- Participate in testing and certification activities at EPGC facility or collaborators’ locations.
- Produce test documentation in accordance with project or test requirements.
- Sourcing and procurement of project consumables.
4. You will be an integral part of the Testing & Certification team and will need to participate in project discussions especially related to project implementation details.
- PhD degree in engineering (e.g. Electrical, Power, Clean/Renewable Energy, Computer, Communications or IT related).
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Should be a very hands-on person, willing to take on non-routine tasks.
- Possess good communication (written and verbal) skills. Able to manage multiple stakeholders and work under tight timelines.
- Positive attitude, ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Familiarity with electrical and power systems, energy storage systems (ESS), electric vehicle (EV) charging systems, wireless communications for power systems, wireless communications network design/architecture, IIoT implementation, cloud-based solution development (including data analytics and AI/machine learning), network security, sensors/sensor networks, and PLC systems is preferred.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU
I 2406 Postdoctoral Researcher In 6 G Network Digital Twinning, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology, Luxembourg, 28 days ago
28 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology Research Field Computer science Engineering » Communication engineering Researcher Profile First Sta...
Postdoc Systems For Secure Optical Networking Via Quantum Photonic Integration, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Position (Post-doctoral) Researcher Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.6885 Job description TU/e is a leading international university of technolog...
Postdoc In Probabilistic Reliability Modeling In Modern Power Systems(2023 224 05487), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
Aalborg University contributes to the knowledge building of the global society as well as the development of prosperity, welfare and culture of Danish society. This is accomplished through researc...
Space Propulsion Project Researcher (F/M/D) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 4 hours ago
14.09.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal The boom of the NewSpace industry and its start-up ecosystem, as well as the evolution of the space market linked to satellite constellations and new destin...
Arditi Smart Islands Hub – Internet Of Things/2023/001 Bi Research Fellowship (Bi) For A Master Student , ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação Tecnologia e Inovação, Portugal, 10 days ago
15 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação Tecnologia e Inovação Research Field Engineering » Electrical engineering Research...
Research Fellow In Signal Processing For Wireless Communication, UNIVERSITY OF SURREY, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Institute for Communication Systems Location: Guildford Salary: £44,263 per annum Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Wednesday 13 September 2023 Reference: 038223-R The Institut...