The Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERIAN) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
You will be part of the research team working on the “Future-Proof Reliable and Resilient Wireless Communications for Virtual Power Plant (W-VPP)” project. Additionally, the role will also involve testing, validation and certification work relevant to energy applications such as energy storage systems, EV charging systems and e-mobility solutions. This will be carried out at the EPGC facility, which allows equipment manufacturers and system integrators to test out their technology or solutions at actual power before deployment.
1. You will need to actively support R&D projects at EPGC in terms of research, development, testing and verification/validation activities, proposal development and reporting and documentation.
2. The role will include the following:
- Research, development and prototyping work for wireless 4G/5G communication implementation for power system networks in collaboration with research partners/collaborators.
- Design and develop analytics and performance monitoring of wireless 4G/5G communication network.
- Design and implement cloud-based energy system analytics using industrial internet-of-things (IIoT) protocols, leverage on artificial intelligence/machine learning tools where required.
- Familiarization of test standards for EV charging and ESS; development of test procedures and processes.
- Hands-on setup of test instrumentation; conducting tests on actual equipment-under-test.
- Develop joint R&D proposals for public sector grant calls and/or industry funding opportunities.
- Publish high-quality papers in top-tier scientific journals.
- Participate in regular project reporting/meetings.
3. You will also be involved in daily operations of the EPGC facilities including the following:
- Participate in testing and certification activities at EPGC facility or collaborators’ locations.
- Produce test documentation in accordance with project or test requirements.
- Sourcing and procurement of project consumables.
4. You will be an integral part of the Testing & Certification team and will need to participate in project discussions especially related to project implementation details.
- PhD degree in engineering (e.g. Electrical, Power, Clean/Renewable Energy, Computer, Communications or IT related).
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Should be a very hands-on person, willing to take on non-routine tasks.
- Possess good communication (written and verbal) skills. Able to manage multiple stakeholders and work under tight timelines.
- Positive attitude, ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Familiarity with electrical and power systems, energy storage systems (ESS), electric vehicle (EV) charging systems, wireless communications for power systems, wireless communications network design/architecture, IIoT implementation, cloud-based solution development (including data analytics and AI/machine learning), network security, sensors/sensor networks, and PLC systems is preferred.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU
Post Doctoral Fellow In Electrical Engineering, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Job Purpose To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the Univer...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Electrical Engineering, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 12 days ago
25 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KHALIFA UNIVERSITY Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Country United Arab Emirate...
Postdoctoral Position With Specialization In Microwave Power Vacuum Tube Development, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 24 hours ago
Published: 2023-11-20 Are you interested in working with microwave power, with the support of competent and friendly colleagues in an international environment? Are you looking for an employer th...
Post Doctoral Associate In The Division Of Engineering Electrical Engineering, Dr. Qurrat Ul Ain, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Description The Division of Engineering at New York University Abu Dhabi seeks to recruit two motivated Post-Doctoral Associates to work under the supervision of Prof. Qurrat-Ul-Ain Nadeem on the ...
Postdoc Fellowship In Development Of A Decentralized And Asynchronous Materials Acceleration Platform For The Synthesis, Characterization And Testing Of Materials For Power2 X Applications Dtu Energy, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
The Section for Autonomous Materials Discovery at DTU Energy is looking for outstanding candidates for a Postdoc fellowship within the field of integrated computational, experimental and machine l...
Doctoral Research Fellow (Ph D) In Positive Energy Districts For Building Energy Systems , Østfold University College, Norway, about 18 hours ago
13th December 2023 Languages English English English Doctoral Research Fellow (PhD) in Positive energy districts for building energy systems Apply for this job See advertisement About the position...